Peavey 6505 vs Line6 Helix vs Kemper vs TSE X50 [SinMix Comparison]

• As of this

..the same handful of people who seem to repeatedly and intentionally try to derail topics and frustrate users in attempts to discredit and bully them into silence.

Sonic

If anyone is derailing it's you. The topic of this thread is mix comparison where the author of the thread insists to keep the Kemper Profile he used in the comparison a secret. ?(

Does anyone reading this thread Know what Kemper Profile was used and where and how we can get it?

If you know, please let us know how we can access it. If no one knows, that clearly means that for all intended purposes this comparison is not relevant to KPA and no meaningful conclusions can be drawn out of it.

How's that even a comparison if we don't know what was used?

• I personally think he used the Impulse Response on all the tracks to make them sound similar as he indicated that he acquired impulse using GUITAR Tube AMP power section, Completely unreliable and most definitely extremely Not Accurate of the actual speaker, so he's adding power amp on top of Power amp already included, it's similar to adding a heavy dose of a Saturation Plugin. That's why all the tracks suffered and sounded suffocated. Using too much of a secret sauce is not always good.

• sinmix: we've banned you for 10 days. this is the very last warning. we do not appreciate your language and attitude. your level of respect for other members does not align with the way we try to run this forum.

Well i think the thing... the respect got out of hand on a different place... honestly i found the comparison very useful and awesome for the communtiy ...
    if some people always start a conversation that is off topic and redundant it is understandable to get angry ... and honestly a swearword here and there is in my eyes not as harmful to a community
    then overflowing criticism after someone spent a lot of time to make not only unique profiles and irs but also comparison videos and so on ...
    and what kind of a warning is immediately banning? ... honestly @G String i think this reaction was not okay, contact him and say things like "please watch your words" and "do you mind editing the post so that
    the forum stays swearword free, for legal/guideline reasons" you once did that to me when i posted something and that was totally okay and professional ... so for the sake of a lively forum please let us stay calm here ...

sorry for this but by posting the "banning" within the post i see it as normal to answer to that also here ...

I already deleted all my free work here because it is ultra frustrating to spend time to increase the value of the kemper by doing to only the profiling work but also promotion by uploading and offering videos and unique amps and sounds ... and more ... honestly here was one guy that did the work and got banned for loosing the patience with another user here ... that is simply not right ...

and back on topic ;)

• que pesadilla... get a life, learn how to play, ... you know the theory very well...

just listened to your clips at Sinmix's thread. now i understand. Don't buy a Dumble or Trainwreck clone. They are hard to play.

admins: please, ban me forever...

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• There may be cocked wah character in a modeller, I remember the GT-10 used to be famous for it. But it doesn't happen very easily with a real amp, even with mids boosted.

Those comparison clips seem to be more about mixing than actual tone imo. Still, the fact remains that similar results were obtained from all the equipment used. In that respect, some guys who are budget constrained will be very happy to know that it's possible to mix well with them. I know back in the day I was really happy when guys posted crushing recordings with the GT-8 that I used to own.

Of course, there are guys like me with wooden ears who know we can't mix like that to save our lives. So I usually take these kinds of comparison tests and gear demos with a pinch of salt.

In that regard, it's interesting that despite the gauntlet being thrown down before, no attempt was made to defend one's lofty ideals and theoretical knowledge. So I'll take those views with a pinch of salt too.

There are definitely patterns of a vendetta harboured by some users. I'm actually offended that when people have sworn at me on the forums and I was a paying customers, no action was taken by the mods. There appears to be a different yardstick in play here and I humbly request the mods not to turn this into the Fractal forums by banning all dissenters. It will do more damage than the views espoused by some people, there is no fear of the truth being hidden.

Of course, as I've told Sin before, you want to talk about perceived problems with a product, don't do it on their forums. He can be a bit thick sometimes, but a very knowledgeable bloke with oodles of talent. He's contributed to the community more than other folk I know of around these parts. Just look at the number of users who recommend his work and use his profiles. I do hope he's allowed to return here.

• I concur, no need for banning even when members resort to personal attacks, no one in their right mind takes these personal attacks to heart.

Olvidame tio, por favor. Ya me he ido y es lo que buscabas y lo que promueve Kemper.

Todo el que no comulgue con la doctrina, a la hoguera.

I'm being rude. Ban me, please.

• que pesadilla... get a life, learn how to play, ... you know the theory very well...
    just listened to your clips at Sinmix's thread. now i understand. Don't buy a Dumble or Trainwreck clone. They are hard to play.

admins: please, ban me forever...

Olvidame tio, por favor. Ya me he ido y es lo que buscabas y lo que promueve Kemper.
    Todo el que no comulgue con la doctrina, a la hoguera.

I'm being rude. Ban me, please.

This is the 2nd time you have requested to be banned.

Enough with the drama. This behavior is childish, IMHO.

If you don't want to participate in the Kemper public forums anymore, don't post here. I have always enjoyed your participation and contribution...but as you now seem determined to burn bridges, just be done with it already.

• This is the 2nd time you have requested to be banned.
    I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Enough with the drama. This behavior is childish, IMHO.

If you don't want to participate in the Kemper public forums anymore, don't post here. I have always enjoyed your participation and contribution...but as you now seem determined to burn bridges, just be done with it already.

I don't really want to be banned, man. I'm here since 2012 and I like the forum, but I don't like the recent attacks allowed to some critical users, even the ones with a constructive discourse.

The KPA is not for everybody, but 99% of the owners are happy with it. As I said many times, I would like the KPA to be able to profile those settings that can't be profiled now but I understand that only a few owners want that. Maybe the number of owner will increase... I don't know.

• Everybody calm down, I suppose. Life is good, life goes on and it's too short for anybody to get worried about some forum.

What is disturbing is that I heard Sinmix got banned on Facebook too for a period of time. Not sure what happened.

If you look at some of the twisted stuff that happens on the web, and how many people take it so seriously, it is important for all of us to realise that everybody has feelings and problems and hopes. If someone comes on a forum, they are looking to interact in a positive way.

Let's not make this a place where we drive people to God knows what or feel bad in general. Cyber bullying is one of the lowest things you can do to anybody.

• Going back on topic, I got a Helix before selling my KPA and I use it only with the 4 cable method with my amps, but you can get very good results with it too, as Sinmix was trying to show with his demo.

Fuchs ODS vs Helix Litigator both using the same IR (Owhammer Studio Mix).

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• All the big boy modelers/profiler get great tones and not so great ones. It's in their hands, tweaking, and type of amplification, etc.

I personally love both my Kemper and Helix equally for many reasons. I used to own Axe FX II XL+, AX8, Kemper, and Helix all at the same time. Got rid of the Fractals as they were slightly my least favorite.

I'll probably try a Headrush soon, as I was also an ElevenRack user for awhile as well.

I wish these things would have been available in my youth in the 70's and 80's (I'm 49)!!! I would have been in hog heaven!

As a Senior electrical and controls engineer, I can really appreciate the tech in these devices!

It's all about personal preferences right now.

I enjoyed listening to the clips in this thread, good or bad...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love: