Peavey 6505 vs Line6 Helix vs Kemper vs TSE X50 [SinMix Comparison]

• O sh*t, he's not a regular guy then. I didn't realize that, thanks for pointing that out.

Both guitarists use kemper live and sound pretty great imho

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• IMHO @Dean_R tuning, hard picking and a high bridge setting. Back to what I have been saying its playing and guitar setup. Granted the Kemper does have the extremely annoying mids.

you've got some wicked shops and playing abilities, every piece of gear has limitation and so does the Kemper but it comes so damn close, that I personally adopted your opinion. At this point it's the playing and the music itself.

• Yes. I know I'm correct. I don't even need to wait for results. I know kemper tone. This is kemper tone. If I'm wrong, I will eat my guitar. Just listen to how chords trail off -- the tone in B starts to go "wah wah". That's the best way I can describe it. I will be VERY surprised if I'm wrong on B.

I respect your enthusiasm and confidence. Even if you're wrong about this, I think you're still credible. I personally stopped comparing a couple of years ago because I decided that the differences are minor and I will not go back to playing tube amps in my house (for the sake of domestic harmony)

• you've got some wicked shops and playing abilities, every piece of gear has limitation and so does the Kemper but it comes so damn close, that I personally adopted your opinion. At this point it's the playing and the music itself.

Me? Not sure if thats sincere or sarcasm. haha Well yeah, IMHO guitar setup / pickups / strings / playing style are huge for the tone. I've done so many tests where I am ready to throw my guitars out the window.

Also, there are tons of secrets engineers do on professional recordings. The more I listen to isolated guitar tracks the more you can hear it. Avenged Sevenfold for example punches in 2 different tones when doing palm mutes in certain songs. Carcass will punch in notes in different positions that sound better, instead of where they would actually play it live. Comparing tones to recordings is the worst thing to do. They do everything possible for the best sounding results.

• I respect your enthusiasm and confidence. Even if you're wrong about this, I think you're still credible. I personally stopped comparing a couple of years ago because I decided that the differences are minor and I will not go back to playing tube amps in my house (for the sake of domestic harmony)

Well, if I am wrong, I think it probably points to me in this case exaggerating the differences somehow in my mind and maybe hearing things that aren't there, after being as focused on such testing. Which can happen too, all the more power to how good KPA is in its intended goal if I'm wrong.

But even if I'm right this isn't to say KPA "sucks" or something like that of course.

• Avenged Sevenfold for example punches in 2 different tones when doing palm mutes in certain songs

I have been trying to get that freaking Sevenfold tone in the mutes, which I love. I know there's quite a bit of studio mojo there.

That said, with an isolated guitar from "nightmare" I got close using bias' "amp matching".

I also did the same, if I remember correct, with KPA profiling/refining the recorded tone.

• Me? Not sure if thats sincere or sarcasm. haha Well yeah,

That's sincere , I heard your recording in a thread you started to improve your sound and the skills, the control and the tone were all there. I honestly thought to myself, someone who plays like that is crippling himself with testing and comparing, what a shame. I have no explanation for that except to say that I'm trying to get away from the tone seeking comparisons and instead just play music.

• Nothing changes the fact the KPA has been demonstrated repeatedly now to have tone issues in various scenarios, considered serious by some especially for serious recording applications. The rasp/congestion, thin individual notes (phased or modulated whatever). There is something not right in the gain structure, and IMO all these issues are likely related to the same underlying problem. Much has been provided to Kemper and at this point an answer should be forthcoming as to whether or not the issue is fixable.

As to this A/B/C/D comparison I generally avoid them but will say that clip "B" is the worst of the bunch IMO, doesn't sound as organic as the others and has something going on in the gain structure that doesn't sound as musical as the others.

Sonic

• Anyway Few Mixes with Helix and my cabs IR :thumbup:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

• ...As to this A/B/C/D comparison I generally avoid them but will say that clip "B" is the worst of the bunch IMO, doesn't sound as organic as the others and has something going on in the gain structure that doesn't sound as musical as the others.

Sonic

you're relying on DIMI being correct in identifying the Kemper as being B 8o^^ So you can say that Kemper is the worst :wacko: .

They all sound lifeless if you ask me and I proved it when I linked to video showing how a real 6505 Profile should sound like, not some unknown sub par profile EQd to oblivion only to show that Some Impulse response and a plugin can sound like the Kemper (Come buy the impulse responses before they run out, :thumbup: they're as good as the Kemper for a fraction of the cost,.... NOT).

These clips are no where near what the Kemper is capable of with the a good profile. Proof me wrong and make the Profile available for download so we can see if there was even a Kemper profile in the bunch.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• you're relying on DIMI being correct in identifying the Kemper as being B 8o^^ So you can say that Kemper is the worst :wacko: .
    They all sound lifeless if you ask me and I proved it when I linked to video showing how a real 6505 Profile should sound like, not some unknown sub par profile EQd to oblivion only to show that Some Impulse response and a plugin can sound like the Kemper (Come buy the impulse responses before they run out, :thumbup: they're as good as the Kemper for a fraction of the cost,.... NOT). These clips are no where near what the Kemper is capable of with the a good profile.

Man You are sooo fucking boring but ok i'm ready for a comparison just name the song i send you mixed backing track then you can reamp DI tracks with You fucking magic outstanding 6505 profile and post a result then i can do the same with my Kemper 6505 profile or with my real 6505 really i'm ready.

Stay Metal!

• Man You are sooo fucking boring but ok i'm ready for a comparison just name the song i send you mixed backing track then you can reamp DI tracks with You fucking magic outstanding 6505 profile and post a result then i can do the same with my Kemper 6505 profile or with my real 6505 really i'm ready.
    Stay Metal!

Why don't you post the single DI track in you site and make it available for download and let's see what other can also do with it, for this one where you said single DI track added

PEAVEY6505 VS LINE6 HELIX VS KEMPER VS TSE X50 [MIX COMPARISON]

By the way, I'm not boring at all, I actually play and enjoy listening to many other things than Metal :thumbup:<3

• Why don't you post the single DI track in you site and make it available for download and let's see what other can also do with it, for this one where you said single DI track added

PEAVEY6505 VS LINE6 HELIX VS KEMPER VS TSE X50 [MIX COMPARISON]

By the way, I'm not boring at all, I actually play and enjoy listening to many other things than Metal :thumbup:<3

KSE Song (probably best to test 6505) Backing track + quadtracked DI guitars (really well played and tracked) by JeffTD. https://mega.nz/#!Wk5E2QjB!xlS…qaWPAj3AOgIUeY6zKi4jKn4wo

Go!

Stay Metal!

• And Soldano SLO100 from Helix.

Stay Metal!

• ...As to this A/B/C/D comparison I generally avoid them but will say that clip "B" is the worst of the bunch IMO, doesn't sound as organic as the others and has something going on in the gain structure that doesn't sound as musical as the others.

Why the diversion and why are you changing the comparison.

This thread started with you posting a comparison where you picked a terrible Kemper profile. Let's use the DI Track from the opening post.
    And when are you going to disclose which was the Kemper and the real AMP etc? Any time soon, we're all waiting.
    Please provide the Single DI track in the opening post the subject of this thread
    http://www.sinmix.pl/2017/07/1…s-tse-x50-mix-comparison/

• Why the diversion and why are you changing the comparison.

This thread started with you posting a comparison where you picked a terrible Kemper profile. Let's use the DI Track from the opening post.
    And when are you going to disclose which was the Kemper and the real AMP etc? Any time soon, we're all waiting.
    Please provide the Single DI track in the opening post the subject of this thread
    sinmix.pl/2017/07/13/peavey650…s-tse-x50-mix-comparison/

1. Can't share this song and DI tracks becouse All song was created by my friend just for me.
    2. Becouse you think my 6505 tone sucks in this song and not fit in the mix, we can use KSE DI tracks where 6505 fit better. And we all can hear this magic 6505 profile from You on single track and also with a backing track.
    3. Do it and reamp KSE or really shut up and fuck off :D

Stay Metal!

• I don't think anybody said or implied the clips SinMix posted near the top of the thread were supposed to be the best the KPA can do. They are simply a comparative.

As to KPA profile vs. a real amp it profiled (which again is not necessarily the context Sinmix was going for) I personally think in order for any such comparisons to be valid the test should be accompanied by both the profile file and the DI, and preferably a video so people can verify, if they so choose, that no trickery was utilized, and also see what exactly was done within the profile settings. Because frankly if you have to do things like insert EQ's in the profiling chain of the reference amp, or load EQ FX into the KPA then there's a clear problem. The KPA should be able to easily match the reference amp, and more importantly at least sound like a real amp, like it claims - yet too often does not. This has been repeatedly demonstrated, and whether or not some people can hear it, or appreciate it, is a separate matter. The issues are a big deal for those people who know and can hear proper tone and need such tone for serious recording applications. Kemper is now aware of the problems, has been given plenty of clear test materials & research, and has a choice to either fix things or else change their misleading marketing campaign to stop customers from ending up frustrated. Further, all this random referencing to KPA artists or producers is ludicrous and meaningless because we have no idea the business motivations/deals nor what has been done to the tones. In fact some of the "names" involved have cited or implied some of the very same shortcomings we have been discussing. And have had to jump through all kinds of hoops to try and get the KPA to generate a profile more close to the reference amp. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

The bottom line is simply this: As it stands today the KPA too often does not meet up to the claim of matching the reference amp nor does it even sound like a real amp in certain instances (too many instances IMO for gain tones and especially for serious recording applications). There is something not right in the gain/dist structure that is resulting in things like rasp, congestion and thinned out/phasey solo notes.

For me, and I suspect others, Kemper's reaction to this matter is going to tell me all I need to know, and will indicate whether or not the KPA has a place in my future. As well as how I will react in KPA related discussions forever into the future within the industry. I hope to become a strong user and supporter of the KPA, but that is now in the hands of Kemper.

Sonic