Atomic Amplifire

• Ok I got one cheap off eBay as a back up to the kemper and been playing with it over the last few days.

The tones aren't bad but it got that sterile digital thing going on and the dynamics seem pretty poor, certainly compared to the Kemper- I know, we're spoilt!!

Playing thru a tele or a PRS standard with hfs treble bass pups. Using a dxr10.

Anyone else out there got any advice? I know @lonestargtr uses one a bit and has some presets available. I've got the TAF ones from @and44 from the Atomic page, but find those pretty sterile too.

Is this just the nature of the atomic and I'm too used to the kemper or am I missing something?

Any advice pls?
    Thx in advance.

• I had a lot of fun (and frustrations) with my AA3. Like you, I found almost all of the premium patches sterile.

One thing you might want to look into are IRs. That's where the power is with this unit. I fell down the rabbit hole with EQ Tone match IRs. It was a ton of fun. So much so, that I found myself creating them more than playing.

I'm a new owner of a Kemper (about 7 hours of playing last night), and I can't imagine going back to an AA3 at all. But, if you're just looking to have fun, you'll find it. If you're looking at it as a possible alternative, I can pretty much say that it's not.