Can you use rig manager to update Kemper OS

• The latest version (2.1.10) and the one before it would not let me update the Profiler OS to the latest beta, despite me having "include beta test releases" checked.

I had to manually downloaded 5.3 beta and install it the old fashion way.

The prior version of RM did see the new RM version and allowed me to install that, but neither of them saw showed me the latest Profiler OS beta. There were no issues other than that.

Mac OS X El Capitan.

• Yep, you can as other allready explained.

I would suggest to make a backup via USB before you allow to update.
    This general advice gets almost lost with the new auto-update.

BTW: after the backup is down you will find the new OS.bin in the file download (Win or what ever you have setted) . Its also a good Idea to save this file on your local disk or where ever.

• As handy as this new feature may come - I disabled it.

A notification is fine, but starting an update process without triggering an update is a "must not" in my case.
    I have not been around for a while, because my Kemper works just fine for what I want/need - so I don't if there is a feature request already.
    If not I will open open one (include automatic backup to connected pc before the update process is started).

Cheers

90% of the game is half-mental.

• A notification is fine, but starting an update process without triggering an update is a "must not" in my case.

you are mistaken. Rig Manager doesn't update anything without your prior OK. it displays a dialog and only if you OK this dialog, the update starts.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• G String,

I am not mistaken, you misunderstood my point. ;)

I said "starting an update without triggering a backup" - not starting an update without pressing OK.
    It should be fairly easy for your programmers to include a routine that would ask for an USB stick and first perform a backup (or maybe save this to the connected computer) before the update actually starts.

That is only a minor thing, but it would make the process a bit more streamlined and secure!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I am not mistaken, you misunderstood my point.

I said "starting an update without triggering a backup" - not starting an update without pressing OK.
    It should be fairly easy for your programmers to include a routine that would ask for an USB stick and first perform a backup (or maybe save this to the connected computer) before the update actually starts.

guilty. what can I say ... :D

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here