New Kemper Owner- Not too impressed, useable

• Anyway, this is done. I don't know why blocking doesn't work (or what it does). Maybe you know. It doesn't seem to have any effect.

• But that's what you are mate. You can bully people on forums. I doubt it's like that in real life.
    Kemper can ban me if they think I am getting too personal btw. That's fine.

If you're ever in NY, I'll buy you lunch, just PM me, I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet., That's how everyone who knows me think. I'm sorry it's not coming through in the lifeless keyboard strokes, I just like a good hearty discussion. Please don't get banned, also please don't get too serious and angry., it's only gear :)

• If you're ever in NY, I'll buy you lunch, just PM me, I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet., That's how everyone who knows me think. I'm sorry it's not coming through in the lifeless keyboard strokes, I just like a good hearty discussion. Please don't get banned, also please don't get too serious and angry., it's only gear :)

Good, I wish that's true... I'm not one the nicest guys you will ever meet though (that's per my own evaluation).

• You have said a lot of things... you don't want me starting to post stuff, believe me.

Good, I wish that's true.

Believe me it's more than true, , have a good night and I apologize for coming across as a bully as that's not my intention, my sense of humor is pretty rough, The odd thing is that I honestly don't think that humor comes across when reading typed messages,. I can be saying the same thing, in person and In the real world I'm like a snake charmer because facial expression are missing maybe, I'm loved by everyone I know. and it's not just in my mind. Don't take it to heart,

• Some people only see the beauty in things and some only see imperfections. Everybody else is in between.

To me the KPA provides a great set of tools that let me make music with very little effort. I'm not going to freak out and obsess about some little thing that means nothing in the larger context. The KPA doesn't prevent you from using tube amps or reamping through one.

• Just my 2 cents...I ordered my Kemper without hearing it in person...after seeing the "Nashville" video on YouTube....an amazing device that has not let me down...perfect? Probably not but was able to use it for 3 shows a weekend for a number of years...my favorite story involved a legendary tube amp repair man that asked me after a gig which Marshall and Fender amps was I using and where the amps were stored back stage...I apologized and pointed at my Kemper...

Which Kemper Nashville video?

• My guess either of these two, the first videos before KPA was even released

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

or this one

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• Guys, thanks for all your replies- some valid points from either side. Ultimately, for me the most important thing is how it sounds. And that pat hasn't convinced me. I'm going to profile my own amp to really be able to A/B between them. But i'm afraid i'm gonna hear the same thing that bugging me on all the other profiles, but who knows it could be an a ha moment

Following up on my post #144...

It has now officially been 3-1/2 weeks since the OP last posted on this thread (July 17th), despite numerous petitions that he respond with updated feedback, based upon the many recommendations and helpful advice offered by members in this thread.

This is more than a bit discouraging, at this point, in my humble opinion.

• Wow....Haven't logged in for a couple of weeks and this happened.

Sorry for my belated reply: I've been busy and on holiday!

First of all thank you for all nice tips and tricks. After spending a couple of weeks with the Kemper i kept the same feeling: Hearing the same things, not being inspired by it so i decided to return it: For me it isn't worth the price/quality ratio atm. Maybe i'll get one later on if i get into a situation where it's the most convenient solution but now is not the time. I've decided to spend some of the money on a Two Notes Torpedo, waiting on that one.

• Hope it works out for you. Even very good gear like the Kemper is not for everyone.

I know several guys locally that just can't get past the amp in the room feel with a 4x12 cab and a tube amp on stage.

It's all good. Different strokes for different folks.