Bout of RTFM

• Yesterday, I had a bout of RTFM.

I found that there is a separate manual to explain the profiling process. I read the whole profiling manual during an online meeting, yesterday. I stated that the Kemper does, in fact, model non-time-based pedals. Delays, reverbs, chorus pedals are time based, and thus should be turned off to get a better profile of the amp. After the profile process is complete, you can then add those effects back into the profile. The Kemper comes with a ton of built in effects. I knew all of that from watching profiling videos, but the one thing that I read that blew me away was that although the Kemper can profile other effects, like distortion, etc., Tube Screamer pedals have an adverse effect on the profile.

So, I opened up my main patch in my Eleven Rack, and just as I expected, it uses a Tube Screamer. So, I re-profiled it, turning off all time effects, and the Tube Screamer. After the profile, it added the effects to the profile from the built in effects (of course they have the Tube Screamer). I matched the settings from the Eleven Rack's tube screamer, and the sound was actually NOT dead on. It was actually better than my Eleven Rack preset. It had much more clarity, and you could hear EVERY note in the chord. There is a tip to do make some adjustments, post profile, to make the profile actually sound better than the amp. I didn't even make those changes and it sounds better.

I've been doing EQ IR tone matching for a while, and I can't believe I never read that anywhere before.

It's a case of RTFM at it's finest.

Now to start reading the whole manual. :thumbup: