Headphone EQ

• I would like to see a separate EQ for headphones in the output section to enable "calibration" of my headphones closer to my active RedSound speaker. It would improve the possibilities for dialing in sounds at home not disturbing the rest of the family.
    It shouldn't be a feature that difficult to add.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• Yes this is exactly what I would like.

I do a lot of practice using headphones (Sennheiser HD558) and it has always bothered me the tone is not quite right until I hit upon the idea of turning the bass to zero and the mid up high. This now makes it perfect, but I have to have two versions of every profile, a normal version and a headphones version. A headphones EQ section would solve this.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

Edited once, last by Rod Staples ().

• Hm... shouldn't it be possible to create a headphone-output-preset? This seems just as elegant as having an extra EQ to me :)

The output section has:-

page 3/7 monitor output EQ
    page 4/7 main output EQ

But there is no page for headphone EQ

I don't know how you can make a preset for the headphones in this case. ?(

Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• Thanks for trying to find a workaround Karajan. Any suggestions appreciated :)
    I thought of the same idea as Rod, having double rigs, depending speakers/headphones, but I dropped the idea. Too much time spent doubling rigs instead of trying out new profiles or playing.

I would like to calibrate my headphones as close to the active speaker as possible, accepting that they never will be exactly the same. But the closer the better, maybe also making it possible to tweak some rigs with headphones closer to be usable in a live situation. At the moment I don't touch my settings within a rig when using headphones because then it will sound bad through the speaker.

And adding a EQ page, like the ones for Monitor and Main in the output, shouldn't that complicated for the great developers at Kemper.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• I've actually found a way to do it today (still getting to know this machine)

Just create the EQ that I want in the stack section, then press lock. Then no matter which rig I load, it has the EQ that works with the headphones. You can save this as a preset.

I think this is probably what Karajan was first thinking of.

An output section EQ on heaphones would be better though, as you could just set it up and forget about it, and it would only be relevant when using the headphones socket.

Audient iD14 > Reaper

• It wasn't exactly what I meant, but your solution should work well, I think. I personally, however, like to fine-tune profiles so I would leave the stack EQ and lock a studio/graphic EQ in the X slot, for example. This way I can just toggle it on or off, and have the EQ knobs open for quick adjustments, should I need them.

Still, both of these options are nothing more than workarounds, so I think a separat headphone EQ in the output section that you guys suggested should be the best solution :)

• I didn't realize that, thanks I'll check that out.

Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I can confirm that the Main Output EQ does also applies on headphones. Don't know why I didn't think of that because they both need the same (a cab simulation).

But, for my purposes, I found it applies in addition to the stack eq, so I still have to lock the stack eq.

Maybe I don't use the kemper in the way that others do. I'm mostly not interested in the presets, I just want one good tone, one set of stomps, one set of fx, then lock them all including stack cab and eq.

When I've got the good tone (the cab and eq), I find I can just change profiles to try out all the different amps, and I found that then, most of them sound good to me, maybe not what I want at that time, but still sound good. :)

Audient iD14 > Reaper