Profiling one amp with different guitars necessary?

• Hi,

I´m new to the forum do not have a kemper yet but hope to get one in September ;)
    I´m wondering if it es necessary to make a profile from one amp with different guitars (e.g Strat and Paula) to get the best sound for single coil or humbucker
    or is the profiling process independent from the guitar which is plugged into the kemper?

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• The profiling process is independent, but if you set up the amp differently with different guitars, then it would be best to make different profiles of the amp with the different settings. You can tweak your way to making profiles work with different guitars, but if you want a carbon copy of the exact settings and feel, it's recommended to make multiple profiles.

• Thanks for the replies

That's what I thought for the profiling process. Can't wait to get the kemper!

-------------------
    The profiling process is independent, but if you set up the amp differently with different guitars, then it would be best to make different profiles of the amp with the different settings. You can tweak your way to making profiles work with different guitars, but if you want a carbon copy of the exact settings and feel, it's recommended to make multiple profiles.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Thanks for the replies

That's what I thought for the profiling process. Can't wait to get the kemper!

-------------------
    The profiling process is independent, but if you set up the amp differently with different guitars, then it would be best to make different profiles of the amp with the different settings. You can tweak your way to making profiles work with different guitars, but if you want a carbon copy of the exact settings and feel, it's recommended to make multiple profiles.

Yep! Exactly like described in the manual.