FW 5.3.1.13085 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• Personally I miss the "0 - 10' scale for easy referencing. I realize this enhanced view helps in many ways, but a simple overall volume reading is still invaluable to me, especially on stage. I wish there was a way to toggle back to the original as needed. I may have to go back to the previous FW otherwise.

Gary ô¿ô

• Personally I miss the "0 - 10' scale for easy referencing. I realize this enhanced view helps in many ways, but a simple overall volume reading is still invaluable to me, especially on stage. I wish there was a way to toggle back to the original as needed. I may have to go back to the previous FW otherwise.

The new view is more informational. Give it time.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I realize the new view gives more info. That is probably very helpful in the studio. On stage you don't now have the ability to fine tune the volume as quickly and easily as the numbers are much smaller and there is no one devoted MV level readout.

I'd like the system menu to have an option to switch between the two views, the old and the new. I think I'll post this suggestion on the new features thread.

Gary ô¿ô

• ... and there is no one devoted MV level readout

You need to understand that there is no "Master Volume readout" and never has been. ;)
    I think you just struggle because of that. The "Master Volume" has always just been a remote control for other "actual" parameters. This remote control has a range from 0 to 10 but this says absolutely NOTHING about the actual value of any linked parameter (volume).
    Now, finally, we can see immediately how (and whether) the Master Volume affects the individual outputs.

• In addition to my previous post, I want to add that your statement that the new display
    is more helpful in the studio than on stage is completely wrong. ;) Let me explain:

In the studio, usually you have a fixed setting for the outputs. Once you've properly setup your outputs / gain staging, there's no need ever change any of the outputs, even less a "linked" change by using the Master volume. Monitoring levels, recording levels will be controlled e.g. on the mixing desk or the audio interface.

On stage it's a HUGE life saver to be able to quickly check the current state of the outputs. With just a small turn on the Master Volume knob you immediately see which outputs are linked to it and where potential trouble might come from. Seriously, this is a major improvement. Here's an example situation:

You have (either accidently or intentionally) linked Headphones output AND Monitor output to the Master Volume knob. Headphones were set to pretty high level, Monitor output set to a relatively low level. Now you're on stage and try to up the Monitor volume but for some unknown reason it won't go beyond -20dB no matter how much you turn Master volume ... holy crap, what's wrong?
    Now you can immediately see that headphones is linked as well and Headphones is already at 0dB while Monitor is stuck at -20dB because of that. Quick solution ... unlink headphones and now you can increase the Monitor Out to blow your ears.

Hope you understand that example and see the huge advantage, even if it hasn't happened to you yet. ;)

• I think you just struggle because of that

Thanks for your very thoughtful clarifications. :) I of course realize the Master Volume 0 - 10 scale is not linked to anything specific, but I also don't personally care what the other levels are. It DOES tell me in an easy to read format the 'relative' overall volume I have set my Kemper at, and that is what is most important to me. Maybe your needs and others' are different.

Personally I never change my links nor any levels within the system menu, nor even go to the system menu on a gig. Never had a need to. If I don't change anything, why do I need that much information? I set them once and I leave the system levels alone. This has worked great for me for 4 years. Others use their Kempers differently I realize, but in my relatively simple world I have no need to see many small levels versus one large and very easy to view level. It also in digital format tells me precisely where to set it the next time I play at the same club.

I'm truly glad many appreciate it as an 'enhancement,' yourself included. I just wish it could be turned on or off.

Gary ô¿ô

• I too prefer the old version (which is still available in tuner mode btw) +1 for making it optional.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Issue with tap tempo this morning.
    Started the kpa, loaded a rig and tap tempo didnt work. I checked all parameters, lock's and whatever. Nothing. No tempo lock in rig menue, also when i held the tempo knob on my remote and play, the beat scanner dind't work.

Restarted the kpa and it works,.so i am sure that i didnt overseen a parameter by checking when it didn't work.

Can't reproduce it, but it's horrible if you have this issue in gig where you need tap tempo, trustted the function and it didn't work when you need it.
    I think nobody will check this out after starting the kpa.

• the numbers are much smaller

The numbers in the new Master Volume screen are EXACTLY the same size they've been in the old Master Volume display.

Personally I never change my links nor any levels within the system menu, nor even go to the system menu on a gig

Nobody will ever do that because there's nothing to set in the System menu. All related settings are in the Output menu.

• Not sure whether it has been brought up before but I'd like to submit a suggestion:

At this moment you can only bulk import from USB (welll as far as I know), it would be nice to be able to browse the profiles on USB for previewing to try out or select which ones to import.
    Would that be possible and if yes, who else would be interested in this?

• Not sure whether it has been brought up before but I'd like to submit a suggestion:

At this moment you can only bulk import from USB (welll as far as I know), it would be nice to be able to browse the profiles on USB for previewing to try out or select which ones to import.
    Would that be possible and if yes, who else would be interested in this?

Yes, I would appreciate this as well - basically allowing a preview from the stick, just as with RM.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer