Anyone got tips on a shimmer verb type sound?

• howdy, y'all,

I'm. Trying to get a shimmer verb sound using the delays in the kemper without relying on external devices OR the internal reverbs in conjunction.

I tried using the smear and swell along with high feedback and short delay times but got only kinda close.

Anyone got the goods?

Holla at cha boi :thumbup:

Tanks ^^

• Hi Awesome_Elvis,

Maybe a stupid question...but did you download the Kemper 5.1 Delay Presets pack?
    Alternatively, and assuming your Rig Manager is up-to-date, this pack should be under the factory profiles section. I believe it is entitled "OS 5.1 Delay Presets Pack"

Cheers,
    John

• Maybe a stupid question...but did you download the Kemper 5.1 Delay Presets pack?
    Alternatively, and assuming your Rig Manager is up-to-date, this pack should be under the factory profiles section. I believe it is entitled "OS 5.1 Delay Presets Pack"

Cheers,
    John

No worries, never a dumb question on this forum LOL "What? You have a kemper and aren't psychic too?!?!?" Hahaha

I started with the dual chromatic delay but I'm gonna try the quad chromatic next.

Typing this gave me the idea and i owe it all to yall :thumbup:

*Klink*
    Cheers/chairs!

• You are 'Edging' in the right direction...
    Use the rig pack and tweak. So many shimmer possibilities you can't fail to find something that suits you.
    Mixing the different aspects of each delay makes a big difference.
    Flutter and smear also do wondrous things. (Technical terms there!)
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

• Shimmer reverb is a certain type of reverb so I doubt you can achieve it with a delay. Perhaps something that will resemble a shimmer, but not spot on. Another reason for the reverbs to be updated...

• Shimmer reverb is a certain type of reverb so I doubt you can achieve it with a delay. Perhaps something that will resemble a shimmer, but not spot on. Another reason for the reverbs to be updated...

I guess my thinking was that if a delay pedal can do a slap backy reverb sound type sound, then maybe i could summon a faux shimmer verb. It's only because I like to put shimmer before an amp sometimes and the delays are moveable but the reverb isn't, just quite yet? Fingers crossed

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.