KPA and using a Pigtronix Infinity Looper...how to connect

• Hey,

Here is my basic equipment I'm using and I've hit a brick wall with how to connect...

Kemper Amp
    GCX audio switcher - used in the FX mono loop of the kemper (other pedal effects)
    Infinity Looper.

Here's is what I'm trying to do.. I'm trying to run my looper to create extra parts when playing live. I have used the looper in the KPA effects loop (mod or X slot). I use the delay on the KPA for some things and realized that if I do, it then delays the loop signal which I don't want. I want to have the looper signal after the delay slot on the Kemper.

I tried connecting the main output of the KPA to the looper and then the house through a DI box, but it sounded compressed, distortion wasn't the same, and sound levels were way off.
    I tried using the monitor out and alternative input, I could hear the loop (quietly) but had a moderately loud squeal sound as well.

My sound guy would prefer to have the looped signal either with my guitar signal (currently sending in stereo L/R out the main outputs), or sent such that the looper can have it's own L/R send path even if it's both mono. I don't understand the sound board so can't help with that.

Also, I need to update to the latest KPA software so currently I can only have delay in the "delay slot" if that changed.

What should I do?

Should I ditch using the delay on the kemper and find an alternative (run it pre-looper in my GCX) and not use the post effects of the KPA?
    Can I use the monitor output such that it will sound correctly?
    Better way to connect the looper to the house system?

Sorry for the rant, hope it makes sense.

• Put the looper in the mod slot and use whatever delay you need in the x slot perhaps? I don't believe the delay can only be in the delay slot anymore.

Nikolaj

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM