Slash- Beautiful Dangerous slicing/stutter effect

• Hi folks,

I'm trying to get a sound close to the slicer-type effect Slash has at the beginning of Beautiful Dangerous. I'm trying to get it using the tremolo but it doesn't quite cut it (see what I did there?). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

• I haven't tried it on the Kemper and I'm not sure it will sync but try 2-3 identical tremolo effects in a row. Should square up the waveform.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi, yes I tried this but for some reason I get a strange pattern happening (ie, they don't sync up) even though the rates are set exactly the same. Another thing I thought might work is using a noise gate after the tremolo but the gates on the Kemper work at a set speed which is too slow.

Thanks anyway.

• Weird. I tried to and it actually worked. Did you copy/paste the tremolo effect from one slot to the other?

I would speculate that if you set the rate manually there is some accuracy outside of the numbers you see on the screen that will mess it up.

Having more control of the tremolo waveform would be great for many reasons. Maybe raise a feature request for it? (or vote for one if it already exists).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Weird. I tried to and it actually worked. Did you copy/paste the tremolo effect from one slot to the other?

I would speculate that if you set the rate manually there is some accuracy outside of the numbers you see on the screen that will mess it up.

Having more control of the tremolo waveform would be great for many reasons. Maybe raise a feature request for it? (or vote for one if it already exists).

Hey thanks for the suggestion to copy it- it made all the difference even though I was sure they were set the same. I now have 4 tremolos in the rig! It still doesn't make it as choppy as I would like but it's definitely much closer!