Startup master volume

• I always try to turn my master volume down before shutting down the KPA because I'd like to know what volume it will be at when I turn it on (had a few loud "accidents").

This works but it would be more convenient if it was possible to set a startup up volume that it would always have after turning on.

Anybody in favor?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I've suggested this a few times and some users do it:

Programme a Rig to have its Rig Volume set at zero or whatever level you'd prefer for this purpose.

Place it at the top of your Browse Pool by naming it accordingly, and call it up prior to powering down. It'll be active when you fire the KPA up again.

• Appreciate the suggestion - this does however sound like just another thing to remember before powering down :). Not having to do that is probably the core of my suggestion. But thanks!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Sure, I appreciate that musicmad. Sorry I forgot to at least acknowledge your request.

Your current M.O. is what we have to do for all our gear; I know of no device that allows one to specify a start-up volume, although I suspect someone might've offered this by now.

That said, it does make sense that equipment powers up with the volume last set. This should work well for most people and situations, as it always has for me. It would be shocking if it defaulted to full volume; that would be a problem.

Still, I can see the value in this for some as a safeguard for those rare occasions where one might've, for whatever reason, cranked the thing to the max - perhaps to analyse the gate's effectiveness or troubleshoot something... or compensate for too many beers, so I'll give you a +1 and "Like", mate.

+1

• you could power up into tuner mode with the mute option activated for a silent start.

Excellent suggestion. I'll just do that. I assume the volume still works in tuner mode although it's muted.

• Technically it doesn't address your issue of being shocked when you first start playing if you'd powered down with the volume set high, IMHO.

You might find that you still have to remember to dial the volume back before you start playing in Browse mode, unless I'm missing something.

• you could power up into tuner mode with the mute option activated for a silent start.

I have to check that, as I have my expression pedal set to tuner/mute when at zero but when I power up I can still play and hear sound even though pedal was left at 0 prior to shutdown. I'm used to rocking the pedal a little forward/back to zero which brings up the tuner and silence after startup.

• Technically it doesn't address your issue of being shocked when you first start playing if you'd powered down with the volume set high, IMHO.

You might find that you still have to remember to dial the volume back before you start playing in Browse mode, unless I'm missing something.

You are right - but then we are at the point where I'd rather Kemper spend their time on something else :). It does work as suggested (I can manipulate the volume in tuner mode even if tuner mutes by default). It also helps the situation a bit since one get to decide _when_ to go to performance mode (and potentially get a high volume). The old way you might not be near the amp when it comes online since you'd flick the switch and go do something else. I think this is fine.

I have to check that, as I have my expression pedal set to tuner/mute when at zero but when I power up I can still play and hear sound even though pedal was left at 0 prior to shutdown. I'm used to rocking the pedal a little forward/back to zero which brings up the tuner and silence after startup.

It works great for me.

• You are right - but then we are at the point where I'd rather Kemper spend their time on something else :). It does work as suggested (I can manipulate the volume in tuner mode even if tuner mutes by default). It also helps the situation a bit since one get to decide _when_ to go to performance mode (and potentially get a high volume). The old way you might not be near the amp when it comes online since you'd flick the switch and go do something else. I think this is fine.

Excellent. I agree that this is a workable solution.

Great that after you manipulate the volume in Tuner mode it's remembered when switching to Browse. You'd expect this behaviour anyway, but I was concerned that this might not be the case immediately after booting and not having been in Browse mode yet.

Good stuff. Glad you're happy, mate.