Kemper - making an electric sound like an acoustic

• I just picked up Bert Meulendijk's Acoustic pack and was impressed enough to try and get some acoustic tones happening on my electric.

I added '3 Sigma Audio' acoustic IRs as a cabinet in the Kemper, and added the 8-band Graphic Eq as an effect and came up with these profiles...

Here's 5 different presets, one after the other, all in one clip...can you tell which is the real acoustic? Which do you like best?

https://soundcloud.com/user-94…2/kemper-acoustic-patches

I'm playing a Suhr Classic (Strat style) #3 middle position single coil ML pickup, no SCII - Strung with .008's!!! No post processing.

• Did you try to play the profiles without a cab? There is a special sparkle imho when playing without a cab. I have done it and i reduce hights and presence and maybe amp definition in that case. Sounds awesome. I do that with most of my cleansounds.

• Sounds awesome!
    What really made the difference? The IR's or the profiles?

Did you try to play the profiles without a cab? There is a special sparkle imho when playing without a cab. I have done it and i reduce hights and presence and maybe amp definition in that case. Sounds awesome. I do that with most of my cleansounds.

Here is another clip. It's the same preset as #4 above. Phrase looped 3 times, different each time....

Soundcloud Kemper Test

-First time is Bert's stock patch (no cab)
    -Second time is with the 3 Sigma acoustic IR added as a cab
    -Third time is some additional EQ and a little Space.

All three are usable in different mixes.

Keep in mind Bert's acoustic pack had 30 profiles in it and the Sigma had about 3 dozen IRs. So you can mix and match those to what sounds good to you.
    I messed with these for a couple hours to get to this point. I'm hoping some feedback on which of these sounds the best will lead me to continue to work on those.

• #5 (on original post) is the only one that sounds close to real acoustic. The others have way to much sheen on the high end which is what you get from solid body pickups.

What did I win?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Holy Zombie thread, Batman!!!

Prior to this month....the most recent comment (#8) dates back to August.....of 2017.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Necro thread... which I missed originally. All 5 sound pretty terrible and not very realistic imo - but maybe #1 can be salvaged with a lot of messing around? That being said, I used to use Bert Acoustic pack and it's great.

However, my practical take on acoustic now is that if it's a big stage, I feel it's easier to bring a good separate DI so that the FOH can adjust the channel independently from the electric. If it's a small gig, I use a Schlerter acoustic amp that sounds amazing and has an acoustic out. And if it's a recording, I obviously mic it naturally with proper mics. Therefore, no need for acoustic to go through the Kemper anymore.

• Number three sounds the best to me. I listened on an iPad though so take that for what it’s worth. It seems to have better body. Interested to see which one is the real acoustic.

I also have Bert’s pack. I use a Taylor T5 proZ custom koa Electric/acoustic to play acoustic gigs. It’s not a piezo system but a proprietary Taylor specific body sensor system. I found some of Bert presets (especially the strumming presents) really give me a great sound very reminisce to what I get with a real acoustic. Never could get a good enough sound using a electric to mimic an acoustic for more than an occasional song with my full band set up. Never could get an acoustic sound I was happy with with just a piezo Fishman system or the equivalent on my acoustics running through the Kemper or a TC helicon acoustic live with its body Rez algorithms.