Active Bass Tones

• Hello all,
    Still a relatively new Kemper user. I have many rigs that sound killer with my P-Bass but I am having a hard time matching stuff with my higher out put active basses. One of my go-to profiles is the Ton Ham Clean with an eq, but the active basses don't seem to get the same punch and distort without lowering the clean sens. I'm looking for something punchy and fat, but still at lower gain. Hope that makes sense. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

• That's a subjective question.. Depends on which bass do you use, which model, preamp/pickups...
    I have Fender Deluxe Bass (Precision and Jazz) they have that active switch. For me with those basses I can find good tones in passive and active.
    The profiles that I'm using now are STL Tones Ampeg SVT 4, Ampeg SVT-CL from M.Britt, Ampeg SVT-CL from Guido and have on my KPA ready to go some Darkglass Vintage Deluxe profile from Double Impact and Two Notes Le Bass from a user (has it in Rig Manager for free).

But I use the powerkemper with bass cab (Ampeg HE410 and as backup a HLF 410).
    You can try to use the cab (section on kemper) and taste the Low Shift and High Shift there... Also Character and Pure Cabinet. I don't know why but when I tested those parameters some profiles come to life, sound better than it was with my gear...

:thumbup:

• I'm trying to use the stock compression effect section... and also in the "amp" section has a compression too... Different from the effect compression...

But I'm still trying to find a good compression out there with kemper. If i can't I'll have to buy a Cali76 bass compressor pedal to use in front of the kemper... But I'm still praying that the compression on kemper fits for me... :D