FCB1010 with EurekaProm3 - Noob questions

• Kemper Dudes

So got myself the FCB1010 with the EurekaProm3 (and the original and Uno), super cheap off Ebay.
    Now I am in no way midi fluent. My 44 year old brain struggles to get to grips with what needs to be sending what message on what channel to what, so please any responses should include big crayon writing and simple words.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

- Pedals 1 - 5 set up to trigger slots in performances
    - Up and down pedals to scroll through the performances
    - pedals 6 - 10 to be stomps
    - Then I want both the expression pedals to be expression pedal, not expression and volume and I want to adjust the toe and heel values for both to something other than off and full.

So the question is, is this even possible?
    I'm pretty sure I've seen everything other than changing the volume pedal to be an expression pedal when using the standard chip but I don't know if it's possible with the EurekaProm chip. I really want to use that if I can as it allows access to the Kempers Looper.

I've had a slightly vague email from a very helpful chap at EurekaSound suggesting reallocating the expression pedals is possible but it didn't provide much in the way of direction in terms of how to achieve that.

Any and all insights from you glorious people would be massively appreciated.
    Like I said, this is my first midi pedal so every is confusing... everything.

Huge thanks in advance

Cheers

Matt

PS Sorry Kemper, that I didn't buy your lovely remote. It just came down to cost ;oD

• Ok...so have you set a a performance with slots allocated to sounds in the Kemper?...My FCB automatically assigned the 1-5 pedals for the slots.

I cant get the Up / Down pedals to scroll through performances, I use pedal 7 to go up, then I have to use pedal 1 to actually select that performance.

6-10 weer auto assigned when in browser mode.

Not sure about the EXP pedal settings

No Gain - No Pain.... :D

• Thanks for the responses all.

So in the end, just took out the EurekaProm chip and stuck the original back in.
    After a bit of faffing around, a factory reset and expression pedal calibration, I've pretty much got it doing exactly what I want it to, I've just had to ditch the looper.
    It's a shame that the EurekaProm chip doesn't offer you the programming flexibility that the original does in at least one of the modes so you could set it up the way I have and still get to use the looper.

Having cake and eating it I guess.

So
    I have:

- 1-5 changing slots in performance mode
    - up and down changing backs (performances)
    - 6-10 switching stomps/fx on and off
    - two expression pedals (where required) altering delay and reverb mix levels with a defined toe and heel amount.

And it seems to work better than the EurekaProm chip, which seemed to have a bit of lag when switching and a fairly audible pop. None of that with the original chip

Thanks again for the responses.

May be back again as I'm looking at how to get the Kemper to send midi signals to my soon to be acquired loop switcher to trigger patch changed on my pedal board for all my dirt and a 'character delay'

Matt