How to assign one effect button to stomp C in all performances?

• I would like to assign 1 effect button to "Stomps" C. It should work in all performances.
    Is it possible to do this assigning with one step or do I have to assign the button to the Stomp C in every performance/rig?
    This would be bad!

• I just hit the lock button, for that effect slot and my transpose effect is on all rigs,,

That's not what I want to do.
    I don't want to have the same effect in this slot in every performance/rig.
    I just want, that the same button on the remote switches on/off the stomp C in every performance/rig, no matter which effect is in this stomp.

• Assign the tap button to switch off and on stomp C
    System setting page 12 button assignment :thumbup:

Well, I don't want to assign the tap button, I would like to assign one of the effect buttons!
    And I don't want to assign it with a specific effect, the button should be assigned to stomp C,
    whatever effect (f.e. booster, compressor,...) is in the stomp C.
    Does this work and if so, how?

Edited 2 times, last by music ().

• To my knowledge, there is no way currently to do that.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• As far as i understand: You want to assign , for example, slot 3 generally to stomp 1 of the remote and you wont care about which fx is stored in slot 3.

You'd like to change the rig and the generaly assigned slot 3/stomp 1 would switch another fx in slot 3 on/off?

That's a nice idea but it didnt work at this time. Feature request please.

At this time you can only put an fx in slot 3 and lock it, as you already know. If you change the rig and locking is on, the samer fx as in your former rig appears inm your new loaded rig and so on.

• As one of your favorite commenters previously stated ( :D ), it would be much easier to use one of the alternate buttons.

I never use the built in tuner for playing with the band (I always use a faster, external pedal tuner).
    If you use an external tuner, you could do the same thing and assign the Tuner button to C instead.
    That leaves the Tap button as it.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• As one of your favorite commenters previously stated ( :D ), it would be much easier to use one of the alternate buttons.

I never use the built in tuner for playing with the band (I always use a faster, external pedal tuner).
    If you use an external tuner, you could do the same thing and assign the Tuner button to C instead.
    That leaves the Tap button as it.

Well, it's not really the desired solution, but, like the using the tap button, it saves time if I do it that way.

• That's a good attitude - give it a try and see if it works. Trust me when I say that you will probably come up with a lot of different reasons, for a lot of different approaches, try them for a while, and then decide you need to do it differently. Rinse & Repeat, decide its not quite right, and then try something else. That's been my experience anyway.

• I suspect that what you're asking for might be constrained by the additional flexibility that allows multiple effects to be switched by a single remote button.

If I had to choose I'd prefer the multi-effects personally.