What SPDIF cable do I need for my set up?

• So I've sent back my previous interface as it didn't have the correct spdif in/outs,

Now I have the Scarlett 6i6 along with the Kemper. So my question is... what is the SPDIF cable I need to connect the two?

This is the back of the interface:

Thanks in advanced folks!

• You will need 2 spdif cables if you want to record for re-amping ( digitally rather than an analogue signal ).

You can then record the guitar track and change the rig or any of its components after. You will also need to connect the direct signal and the kemper outputs as well..

• The benefit is that you can use S/PDIF to record (via one of the cables) and re-amp DI tracks (via the other). :)
    As someone who calls himself a "noob" it's very likely that you will record a guitar track which seems to be nice and great but once you've recorded drums, bass, vocals, keys, secondary guitar layers ... you will notice that the first recorded guitar track doesn't sit in the mix properly. That's when it's great to have the DI track as well so you can tweak your Profiler rig a bit and just reamp the DI track ... no need to play it again and again.

It's even helpful to just have a recorded DI track looping through the Profiler while you adjust your rig. This way you 1. have your hands free for the sound setup and don't need to play the guitar at the same time and 2. you don't get confused by the acoustic (in the room) guitar sound while you play it. Even a solidbody electric guitar will send some string / pick sound directly to your ears which will not be present in the recording. This little extra "bright" pick attack and string sounds might suggest that the sound has enough shine and clarity ... and then, when listening to the recorded track, you're surprised that this touch of clarity and top end shine is gone. ;)

Anyway, it will cost you close to nothing but it's so worth it to make use of it :)

PS: Yes, this is the right cables and as you see, they don't cost a fortune.

• Brilliant thanks for the reply dude, when I say I'm a noob I mean to the kemper and reamping world ha!
    I've been producing for years but never bothered trying reamping until I bought the kemper so excited to give it a go!

Cables have just been ordered, looking forward to having a play!

Thanks again!