Kemper recordings sound better through iMac rather than JBL LSR305's

• Not sure what it is, but through the imac speakers, when I listen to recordings of the Kemper, it sounds better. Sounds more like a miced amp. I can actually hear the reverb and "roominess" in the recordings, etc. As soon as I switch over to my PC with a Kontrol Audio 6 and JBL LSR 305's, it lacks brightness, and the reverb is no longer as present. Sounds more sterile for whatever reason. I'm wondering if this is the culprit in my previous thread about not being happy with the sound of my axe fx.

Anyone have similar issues with the JBL LSR 305's? Even when I play the clips on another windows laptop, it sounds better than the JBL's. "roominess" and reverb comes through, etc. On the JBL's it that all goes away and it sounds drier, and more sterile.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

Here is one of the recordings I'm listening to.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• These JBL speakers (which I use too, sitting next to me now) are relatively "transparent" sounding. They are meant for mixing. Laptop speakers color the sound in ways which are far from "flat", making something sound "better" to some than it actually does.

• Are you using some kind of listening space preset with your computer speakers?

Speaker placement has a great influence on the sound. Are your JBLs next to the computer speakers, or somewhere else in the room? Are you using any EQ switches on the back of your JBLs?

No, just default iMac settings. Only thing I can think of is the iMac is directly facing me, where the JBL's are off to the sides.

On the Top Jimi brown sound recordings for example, when the Unchained Riff is played, through the iMac, I can hear the flanger effect clearly, when I run it through the monitors, that flanger effect is a lot less pronounced, and difficult to detect.

Maybe I just don't like the JBL's for guitar practice.

Maybe for my application (Strictly home playing/practice), I should get speakers for regular music listening?

EDIT: I listened to everything through headphones. Regular $30 Sony's from best buy, nothing special. They sounded like the JBL's sound. Don't know what to think anymore haha. Maybe I've just gotten so used to listening to all my music, etc through the iMac over years that everything else sounds wrong.

Still though, the speakers in the iMac make the Kemper sound so good, maybe because you can actually hear some more details. I figured listening to the recordings on the JBL's would give me a better opinion of how everything would sound when actually playing through them.

Edited once, last by rich2k4 ().

• Maybe I've just gotten so used to listening to all my music, etc through the iMac over years that everything else sounds wrong.

Probably this right here :)

It takes some time for the ears to adjust to new speakers. If you're not going to return the JBLs or anything, make it a point to listen to music on those exclusively instead of the iMac for the next month - then see if perceptions have changed :)