Any plans for a more serious editable rig manager in the future?

• Any plans for a more serious editable rig manager in the future? like fractal audio has? i like the rig manger but i just bought my kemper and im surprised they cant make it more detailed, anybody heard of any plans by kemper?

thanks!

and Ps. anybody know how i see the rig details for a preset on the kemper? :)

Thank You

Madraz

• Sounds like they have plans confirmed by CK. In the link you shared it seems like most people want an editor because of the way presets work right now. I'd rather Kemper improve the handling on the unit first though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I use Rig Manager to preview rigs. The rest is unnecessary.

Don't agree.

For people who record, and have the Kemper in a rack on the other side of the room, an editor would be god-sent. And selecting an effect preset from a drop down menu is much faster than scrolling through 20-30 with a knob (not to mention selecting an cabinet if you have 100s stored). Moving though 6 pages to set up a delay is no fun at all. Plus, I have bad eyesight, and bending over and reading text on the little Kemper screen is a pain in the a**.

• i agree, but it is nice to have a larger screen :) im new to the kemper, had it a week, but im very tech minded, nevertheless do you know a source for more tutorials... youtube and kemper seem not to get into detail too much... any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Thank You

Madraz

• i agree, but it is nice to have a larger screen :) im new to the kemper, had it a week, but im very tech minded, nevertheless do you know a source for more tutorials... youtube and kemper seem not to get into detail too much... any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Of course. It's a "nice to have" feature, definitely not a necessity.

The Kemper is the first unit that I have been able to do whatever I wanted on the unit itself. Would I like the expansion of functionality? Of course.

• No question that an editor would be super valuable.

It feels weird to have to go through rolling scrolling through one menu after another to get an effect like I want it -- or someone else who is recording wants it.

It also increases the chances of studio sessions becoming more complex, time and money consuming than they need be.

I used to have kemper on my desk. Now that it's far away... The pain is real.

Then again, just like with some other issues, hearing back from kemper in the form of an update/confirmation/denial that there's development for such a feature is no simple feat.

• Sadly, the downside of updating Rig Manager to alter presets, etc., is that from that point on, nobody would learn to use the on-board functionality. Before owning a Kemper, I have owned several modelers, and I can say that not once did I bother to learn the on-board interface. The software made it easy, to the point that I never hit a button on those devices. The problem with that was if I had to tweak my settings to sound as good at a gig, I was stumbling around the interface.

There are good points made in favor of having it. I just want to point out the downside of having the software able to do everything.

• Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Before an editor, I would like to see the Kemper streamlined as much as possible. Surely there are many improvements to the UI that could be tweaked to keep scrolling to a minimum. Perhaps greater integration of a keyboard would allow easier functionality without the need for an software editor?

• lespauled. I agree that the Kemper is a brilliant and intuitive device to use and that is one of the many reasons I moved from the Axe FXII. But many people have their Kemper's in racks for recording or touring purposes and it isn't always practical or possible to have easy access to the front panel in these situations. I am friends with a number of professional producers and touring musicians who have expressly said that they would welcome the "additional" benefits that an editor would bring. I am of the personal opinion that a software editor can only enhance the product, and I for one won't have to get on my hands and knees when I'm recording, to change a delay time, etc.

• For me, an editor would be nice.
    But that, what really counts, is a really good sounding device.
    And the Kemper is really good on the stage!
    That's the most important to me.