Rigs by Artist?

• why dont people create rigs by artist or song and post them on the exchange... i see so few like that... would be nice... :) anyone know a location to get rigs by song, artist etc...?

Thank You

Madraz

• Yeah, I thought more people would post stuff like "great <insert name> tone", or "this rig works great for <insert song>". Much more prevalent in the modeller/sim communities. If you google and look around on youtube, you can find some links to things you're looking for... Someone doing a cover song using a Kemper, there will be a lot of questions (sometimes answers) asking what profile they used. But remember the profile/rig is (most of the time) just the "amp/cab", and most/many don't add a lot of effects. So, if you have a good idea of what the artist/band used in the first place (google this too), you can find the same or similar amp, and add a few effects if needed, adjust the EQ, and get "close"

• It's a little difficult to do because artists use so many different combinations of amps and cabs on a single album alone. It's a lot less time consuming to create a good Marshall profile for example. And then let everyone dial in their own effects.

If you can find the amp/cab combo that the artist used for that particular song (keep in mind, it's very often different than what you might think they used) then you're halfway there.

You can also check out Scott's videos on YouTube (search Kemper Pro TV or something like that). He does a good job on recreating rigs based on certain sounds or songs. But, what sounds great for him, may not be the case for you depending on your guitar, pickups, what you're using for a speaker, technique, etc.

• why dont people create rigs by artist or song and post them on the exchange... i see so few like that... would be nice... :) anyone know a location to get rigs by song, artist etc...?

Big Hairy Profiles has artist profiles. I bought a few of his packs and they sound great.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to commercial packs, here, but BHP is in the commercial section.