KPA sounds flat and thin during rehersal. What am I doing wrong?

• I'm not surprised, mate. Here's what I was going to post earlier:

If you're using a Profile made with a microphone you're relying on the Kemper's clever algorithm to separate the cab from the amp head.
    Much better to Profile a head and feed that through your bin; it'll be a different story altogether, brother.

I profiled the Soldano Preamp straight from its Output jack into the Kemper. Did not hear any Sound. It worked suprisingly well when I played that Profile thru the poweramp + guitar cabinet.
    bbb

It' s only Rock n Roll, but I like it :D:thumbup:<3

• Yesterday I profiled the Marshall TSL 602-Pre thru its f/x send. This DI-Pre-Amp Profile I ran thru a Marshall poweramp EL 84 20/20 and a Marshall Vintage 1936 cabinet with 2 x 12 Speakers. The Speaker and the Pre-Amp-DI do not sound the same but I can make them sound fairly close.

The initial Profile sounds somewhat harsh and brittle and a little honky, but if you reduce the definition value in the amp section and increase clarity a little bit and adjust bass, middle, treble and presence on the Kemper and presence of the poweramp it sounds almost the same. One could probably make it sound exactly the same but that is probably pretty time consuming, if it is 90% that is Close enough for me.

I was explained that the initial profil of the DI-Pre-Amp profile played thru a different poweramp has to sound different as usually the pre-amp of Combo and the poweramp are sonically designed different from other tube poweramps by the same manufacturer in my case Marshall. So the poweramp of the Combo sounds darker, whereas the 20/20 sounds brighter and more defined, that's why the adjustments need to be made to the Profile to make it sound the same. Same applies to the cabs.

Did not know that before, but sounds reasonable to me.

bbb

It' s only Rock n Roll, but I like it :D:thumbup:<3