Input source assignable per rig - Acoustic & Electric

• Now... I would use this to switch between acoustic and electric pickups on a guitar, but you may use it for something else.

Currently input source within input settings is a Global parameter. I'm suggesting that Kemper allows it to be assignable per rig.

The input options are Front, Alternate, reamp return, and S/PDIF. I would like to be able to save this source per rig so that when I switch rigs in a performance the input source will also change. I have a Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus, which is an electric and acoustic piezo guitar. Think of Taylor T5... It has two outputs, one for electric and one for acoustic via a TRS jack which Y splits into two 1/4" mono cables. I would like to have my electric output plugged into the front input and my acoustic output plugged into one of the rear outputs, either alternate or reamp return. I would like to be able to switch between electric and acoustic rigs from the remote (slots within a performance) and have the input source change accordingly between my electric and acoustic piezo outputs. This will allow me to change rigs and electric/ piezo source by clicking one button on the remote.

I do realize if both front and alternate input is plugged in at the same time that the Kemper will always default to the Front input. However, this is not the case with the reamp return input. If you have the front input occupied and the reamp return input plugged in at the same time, you can toggle between them without unplugging either input and get signal from both.

Sooo... currently i can get what I want by plugging my electric into the front input and my acoustic piezo into the reamp return input and I can switch which pickup the Kemper sees by changing the input source between the two, but I have to do this manually by opening up the input settings and turning the input source knob. This is obviously not practical for a live situation.

Kemper would simply need to allow the input source setting to be assignable per rig just like you can do for clean and distortion sense and what I want to achieve would already be possible. Seems like a very easy change to make.

Can someone else think of other uses or applications for a rig assignable input source?

This change would really simplify my rig and I'm sure others would find this useful too. Currently the only way I can think of to do what I want would be to use an ABCadabra which is a midi controllable A/B/Y splitter. This makes a rig more complicated than it needs to be since what I want is already possible with the current Kemper hardware. This is only a minor software change.

http://www.soundsculpture.com/abcadabra