Latency

• I'll be working on the Noise Gate tomorrow, as I have found a flaw that caused the pick being damped, at higher noise gate levels.
    The fix will be available by the next beta version.

Thank you guys for this feedback!

CK

• Great, and when checking the NG please have a look at the max level.

The NG seams not to work for profiles with high amp gain and distortion boxes at the same time.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I'll be working on the Noise Gate tomorrow, as I have found a flaw that caused the pick being damped, at higher noise gate levels.
    The fix will be available by the next beta version.

Thank you guys for this feedback!

CK

Oh brother, this is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this place!!! Thanks CK!

• CK, here is what I (and many others) experience with the current noise gate:

While it cuts the noise pretty great, it has this prob: take a highgain profile with distortion, then roll your volume pot on the guitar back to 1 to clean up the tone. If the noise gate is active, you get a really strange warbly/doubly/sitar-like sound. It is really pretty obvious in this scenario.

The current fix for this is to switch the noise gate off - and you get a super sweet clean sound (with a touch of amp noise, obviously).

• Awesome that CK and team are on it, personally I don't really have a problem with any super bad latency, I guess that may be because I have been using amp sims for a long time and remember how they used to be playing with lots of latency from my computer, but so glad it will improve. Yet another happy day in my decision to go kemper instead of something else..

• I use Audio Technica AEW4100 wireless system..and I can't get rid of strange,like train running low/mid rumble..Current noise gate in my unit handles hi frequency noise ok but this low typ of noise is annoing sometimes..I'm used to HUSH by Rocktron and this one was perfect in any situation for me ..
    Thanks,

• I use Audio Technica AEW4100 wireless system..and I can't get rid of strange,like train running low/mid rumble..Current noise gate in my unit handles hi frequency noise ok but this low typ of noise is annoing sometimes..I'm used to HUSH by Rocktron and this one was perfect in any situation for me ..
    Thanks,

Do you have it also using a cable?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Well... a few others reported that a system reset helped with their "popping" issue of FW 1.0.5. so I was just grasping at straws.

With 1.0.5., the latency went from 5.x ms to about 2.38ms - 2.43ms. Did you feel no improvement at all?
    Do all your rigs/profiles feel "spongy" to you?

There are some amps which generally have a spongy attack (in real life). Naturally, the KPA profile of some amps has this spongy feel too.

• i upgraded the kpa with the Public Beta 1.0.5.7171, which is suppose to fix the "latency " issue.
    but at this time , i still feel something like a spongy attack.

Check the Compression and Pick values on the amp menu and try lowing down (or switch off) the Noise Gate

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• With 1.0.5., the latency went from 5.x ms to about 2.38ms - 2.43ms. Did you feel no improvement at all?
    Do all your rigs/profiles feel "spongy" to you?

yes all the profil.
    i had the kpa sinc sunday, so i didn't use other fw.
    i just updates from 1.00 to 1.05

Check the Compression and Pick values on the amp menu and try lowing down (or switch off) the Noise Gate

i will do it, thank you

• I´ve owned both (Axe II and Kemper) for quite a while and before the last update the attac of the axe was much better.
    But the last update has generally solved the problem now they are on par.
    But: The attac of the axe is almost identical regardless of the choosen amp and attac attac of the kemper varies like the amps
    in the real world.