Latency

• i dont hear any latency , but the kemper is meant to simulate a miked amp and cabinet , then we listen through either studio monitors or headphones , so imagine you are recording in a studio and your amp is miked up blasting away in another room and you are in the control room with your guitar and a long cable playing , how much latency is there then?

• i dont hear any latency , but the kemper is meant to simulate a miked amp and cabinet , then we listen through either studio monitors or headphones , so imagine you are recording in a studio and your amp is miked up blasting away in another room and you are in the control room with your guitar and a long cable playing , how much latency is there then?

not much, cable lenght plays no role as electricity travels with the speed of light
    only thing relevant are any ad/da conversions and the distance between amp and mic and speaker and listener

• i didnt mean cable length really i was more refferring to the sound traveling from the guitar cabinet to the mic , any delay there even 2ms, the delay from the mixer desk and the pc and daw its connected to in the control room , the delay from the studio monitors to your ears in the control room 5ms would be on a good day , and many many guitarists record albums this way

• Yes, As long as you are not using a digital interface like SPDIF or AES. This is also the problem with digital effects and parallel effects loops in amps. The additional conversions cause a slight, but unavoidable latency. If you now mix the delayed fx loop signal with the dry signal of the amp, you get nasty phasing problems, as long as the effects device has no "dry kill" function.