Latency

• curious.... what if you put a digital fx into the kpa's loop? there would be 4ad/da conversions more...

Yes, As long as you are not using a digital interface like SPDIF or AES. This is also the problem with digital effects and parallel effects loops in amps. The additional conversions cause a slight, but unavoidable latency. If you now mix the delayed fx loop signal with the dry signal of the amp, you get nasty phasing problems, as long as the effects device has no "dry kill" function.

• as long as the effects device has no "dry kill" function.

You can always set the loop mix at 100% and regulate the mix from the external fx unit, that kills the dry signal as well

Edit: forget it, I didn't see the "parallel", sorry

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Good Lord, I should've known we'd end up looking at Pythagorean theorem and the effect it has on time/space continuum. I'm hyper sensitive to latency. I can feel when the computer bogs down and I'd bet everything I own there's more latency here than a mic'ed amp. If I buy a Porsche Carrera GT advertised to do 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, and I get it and it does it in 4.6 consistently, that's still a fast car. But I have to decide if it's worth the $440,000 I paid.

• FYI Kemper support has informed that there indeed is a technical issue that affects the latency and this will be taken care in one of the next FW updates.

I have to say that in all the communications I've had with Kemper support (including this one) I've received exceptionally fast responses even outside office hours and they react fast to possible issues. They also seem to be as open to customer suggestions as is reasonably possible and devoted. I am throughly happy with the way they've dealt with these matters - so thank you support, development team and ofcourse Mr. Kemper!

• TMV, would you care to shed a bit more light on this?
    What did you ask them and what exactly did they say?

I basically sent them what I posted in posts 51 and 54 of this thread. The fast and short reply was that they are aware of the problem and this will be taken care of in one of the next updates.

I don't have more details on the matter, sorry.

• Wow, awesome news! :)
    I hope this applies for normal playing, not just for the profiling process.

• Some users have raised an issue regarding latency. A fix has been developped and is now in test mode.
    Some testers have measured and confirmed, that latency is now meetings specs. This fix will be part of our next
    public beta firmware.

• Well, I think that this thread and comments in it are a perfect example that latencies around few ms are quite deceptive. But mainly that opening support tickets with Kemper support really pays off if you think there's a bug worth investigating.

• That's great - and if the noise gate would be fixed (it also seams to kill some attack) - then the feel/latency of the KPA would be perfect.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de