Setup external footswitch to control looper?

• Hello all!

I'm new here and I'm just trying to figure out how to do this correctly (as working with the manuals left me still unsuccessful!).

What I'd like to do is connect an external footswitch to the Kemper remote, so that I am able to control the looper "record/play" and "stop" buttons at any time (without having to switch back and forth between the two screens).

The footswitch I want to use is this one (Boss FS-6):
    [Blocked Image: http://media.musiciansfriend.com/is/image/MMGS7/FS-6-Footswitch/421384000000000-00-500x500.jpg][Blocked Image: https://www.ghmusic.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/s/fs_6_rear2.jpg]
    Thank you so much!! :)

• Will work just fine. I just checked mine on the remote with a TS cable (didn't have a spare TRS). Make sure that the modes are set to Momentary and the Polarity switches are set to the left when looking at them, just like the phone in the pic above. Plug into an empty slot on your remote and then go to System settings on the Profiler. Find the Pedal slot you plugged into in the settings (around page 8). Turn the mode to Mono Switch if using a TS cable or Dual Switch when using a TRS cable (this one will control both A&B switches with one cable). Then Set The Tip and Ring settings to your preference (Looper Start / Looper Stop). Works just great for that!.

• Hi everybody,

sorry for digging this one up but I couldn't find my question answered elsewhere and it suits the topic.

I'd like to do something similar to DanVan but instead of controlling the Kemper's looper, I'd like to use my Pigtronix Infinity Looper that sits in the Kemper's FX loop and is connected via Midi.

a) Is there any chance the Kemper remote can send a Midi signal to the Infinity Looper, addressing its start and stop functions?
    b) If a) works, it should be possible to add another external footswitch to the rig, connect it to the remote and have it control the Infinity Looper, correct?

*I will be getting my Kemper on Monday so I am not yet too familiar with the system.

Thank you guys!
    Rob

• Hey Rob welcome!! Not sure on sending midi back to looper but post in the Introduce yourself forum with some questions. You'll be welcomed and more will be inclined to reply from there. Good Luck!

• The Remote itself cannot send any MIDI. The PROFILER can, when a Slot in Performance Mode gets loaded (via Remote, manually, via analog switch, via MIDI … doesn't matter). But that is limited to 2 program changes. I'm assuming your Pigtronix requires control changes.