Best Passive FRFR for Powered Kemper

• Forgive me because I'm sure this has been covered to death. What is the best passive FRFR for use with a powered Kemper? I've heard people say that powered FRFR cabs are better because of the DSP etc., etc. But it seems silly to spend the money when there is a perfectly good power amp in the Kemper. I particularly like the Yamaha DXR10. I've heard one of those with a modeler. Does Yamaha make a passive version of those? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

• If you use the amp in the KPA to drive a single speaker you'll be in mono and lose all of the great stereo delay, reverb, and modulation/panning effects. The fact that the internal power amp is mono was an unpleasant surprise for me, since I was planning to drive a pair of guitar cabs. I would have bought the unpowered one if I'd known. I can't fathom why it was done this way.

So for this reason I recommend a pair of powered FRFR speakers unless you have a separate stereo power amp in your rig.

• Forgive me because I'm sure this has been covered to death. What is the best passive FRFR for use with a powered Kemper? I've heard people say that powered FRFR cabs are better because of the DSP etc., etc. But it seems silly to spend the money when there is a perfectly good power amp in the Kemper. I particularly like the Yamaha DXR10. I've heard one of those with a modeler. Does Yamaha make a passive version of those? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I highly recommend the XiTone 1x12 passive wedge

http://www.xitonecabs.com/mode…ive-1x12-wedge/index.html

• If you use the amp in the KPA to drive a single speaker you'll be in mono and lose all of the great stereo delay, reverb, and modulation/panning effects. The fact that the internal power amp is mono was an unpleasant surprise for me, since I was planning to drive a pair of guitar cabs. I would have bought the unpowered one if I'd known. I can't fathom why it was done this way.

So for this reason I recommend a pair of powered FRFR speakers unless you have a separate stereo power amp in your rig.

This is very true and an important consideration. For me it wasn;t an issue as I don't rely on the stereo aspect of effects but some do.

• I'd better have a wet dry wet set up in that case with delay, reverb, modulation, panning etc. managed by FOH / desk guy so as to consider them at band levels. 2 guitars + bass managing reverb & delay independently can quickly be a deep sonic mess.

unless you want such feature at home, that's a luxury IMO. but would you play thourgh 2 passive cabs at home?