FRFR Dilemma!

• I have had an update!!

I was looking through the atomic amp forum to see if anyone has had any luck contacting atomic and found there support email address which i couldn't find anywhere else, i emailed them explaining the situation and got a response form Tom with in the hour!

He advised that the order is being processed and they are sorting out the shipping now! So the good news is something is happening and the bad news is it still might not be here until the start of next month!

And also on a side note Horizon devices have posted on Facebook that the Precision drive is back in stock so you can order them with no wait time! Meaning mine should be shipped in the next couple of weeks!

• okay guys i really need your advice now!

i contacted andertons yesterday to confirm when i would receive the CLR and again they don't know and haven't herd form atomic as to when they expect to receive the shipment. I dont want to wait any longer as my band are being asked to book gigs and i cant say yes as i dont have a gigable set up!

so,...........

do i swap out the CLR for the line 6 firehawk or 1/2 dxr 10's?

I have weighed up the pros and cons of both based on my own personal opinion and il list below,

Firehawk pros:
    1) Built in FX and amps for backup
    2) 1500w! more than powerful enough to compete with anything.
    3) 6 speakers so can 'apprently' run a wet/dry/wet setup (im not 100% sure on wet/dry/wet setups)
    4) built in bluetooth (may not be a big plus but its good for practicing for me anyway)
    5) its only £749.99
    6)it looks like a guitar cab and i can sit my kemper rack on top of it!

Firehawk Cons:
    1) it weighs around 30kg! (im only 24 so i cant complain really)
    2) i cant find any much in the way of reviews on the thing and have not heard a great deal on these forums about it.

DXR10 Pros:
    1) only 15 kg!
    2) 1100w again more than loud enough
    3) highly reviewed
    4) only £445 so i could get 2 for the price i paid for the CLR

DXR10 Cons:
    1)not the best looking on stage (for me personally anyway)
    2) I would have to get something to sit the Kemper rack on.

As i got my setup on finance with Andertons i have to match the price so with either of these it would leave me with a difference of like £100+, meaning i could add some extras that i could do with!

if Andertons told me i was going to receive the CLR next week guaranteed id would be okay with that but i have they have no idea when i will be getting it and i cant wait forever!

im calling andertons again today to find out whats is going on!

• Can't comment on the firehawk sound etc cos never used one but basically you are buying a full function amp to take to every gig alongside the Kemper ( bit harsh I know).

Persoanlly I'd go Yamaha DXR for convenience and for bigger gigs for the "look" get an unloaded fake cab ;). Cheap, light etc.

I often put my Kemper on the bass rig as well ( as a stand) so there are options. This is also better for tigher pub gigs, depending on the venues you typically play..

I don't think you'll go wrong with either however!

• i see what you are saying @V8guitar but its an FRFR speaker but with a built in backup encase the kemper goes down, unlikely i know but still something that would be good for piece of mind as i dont have any other option as far as back up rigs go! and as far as the size goes i thought the firehawk was bigger than it is, given the fact it has 6 speakers in it! but as far as form factor goes they are not too far apart!

i dont know anything about warranties for the firehawk il have to look into that but i believe the warranty for the DXR's is like 7 years right? @Zappledan

Im steering toward the fire hawk more than the dxr's but i want everyone's opinion as i know there is a wealth of knowledge on these forums and you guys are far more knowledgeable then me, bearing in mind i was the guy that hit things at the back before i picked up a guitar!

• i dont know anything about warranties for the firehawk il have to look into that but i believe the warranty for the DXR's is like 7 years right?

Yes, 7 years, and they're well built. For me, the weight is important, so the decision would be an easy one ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• But you can get a smaller backup was my point. I carry a simple tech21 sansamp to get me through a gig. although never used it as I've never had an amp go down on me ( ooh err).

given that tubes are less reliable than solid state its even less likely with the KPA, BUT I think you can;t go wrong with either.

The portability of the DXR is brilliant though!

• But you can get a smaller backup was my point. I carry a simple tech21 sansamp to get me through a gig. although never used it as I've never had an amp go down on me ( ooh err).

given that tubes are less reliable than solid state its even less likely with the KPA, BUT I think you can;t go wrong with either.

The portability of the DXR is brilliant though!

Unless I'm unaware, isn't the sansamp just the preamp?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer