New Strat..

• @sambrox

Indeed now I got very curious..honestly I am not "hot" for buying a Fender.I am "not one of those" who needs the big name on the headstock.Seems like a serious luthier with great guitars and a lots of passion.Indeed I am looking for a "more modern" neck/fretboard..actually the whole operation is about to get me a good strat which I will use live and most of all in the studio for things I just can not do anymore with my 70s one..

• I highly recommend G&L Legacy guitars (the old Made in USA ones).
    They are actually the best Fenders ever, imho. I own a G&L Legacy Special and it's a stunning and absolutely perfectly made guitar. The Tremolo on this guitar is the best I've seen in my entire life. The guitar basically never goes out of tune even after tens of divebombs and wild abuse. Don't ask me how they did that but it's real and mind-blowing.

G&L isn't a very popular brand ... no idea why. But the HUGE benefit of this is the relatively low price for used ones. Don't stay away from 20 year old models unless they've been rocked hard. I really love good guitars and I would NEVER give it away for even the most expensive Suhr or Tom Anderson.

• @JSB
    Are these Pro strats much different from the Elites;

The Elite has a compound radius, from 9.5 to 14. That seems to be the biggest difference. I've never played the Elite series, but reviews are mixed on them, some complaining that it doesn't sound like a Strat anymore due to the pickups and the flatter radius past the 9th fret.

Hopefully you have a good local music store with a lot of stock to chose from, so you can see how much they differ, from model, to instrument. I got mine online at Reverb, on sale, but I would have liked to pick through a few. Very happy with the Am Strat Pro overall, but if you can, give the new Am Pro Tele a play, I never thought of myself as a Teleguy, but the KPA responds very well to the stock pickups, I can't recommend it enough.

Happy hunting, and try as many as you can.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• @sambrox

Indeed now I got very curious..honestly I am not "hot" for buying a Fender.I am "not one of those" who needs the big name on the headstock.Seems like a serious luthier with great guitars and a lots of passion.Indeed I am looking for a "more modern" neck/fretboard..actually the whole operation is about to get me a good strat which I will use live and most of all in the studio for things I just can not do anymore with my 70s one..

Hi Nikos,

Have you ever tried a scalloped neck guitar?

I absolutely love my Fender YJM Signature Strats. Also, they are quasi-Custom shop guitars, at normal Fender American Artist prices. I say quasi-Custom, because the appointments on the YJM guitar requires extra attention, detail and workmanship. This is, of course, due to the scalloped neck...but also due to the super jumbo frets, the brass nut, and the 4-machine bolt / threaded insert neck anchoring system.

Cheers,
    John

• @JSB
    Yes..I have some shops here which have a lot of Fender stuff..I will try,thanks for the insight..

@Tritium

Actually I really,really love big headstocks of the 70s..I always did..Hendrix,Blackmore and Yngwie..I think the Malmsteen-Strat is optically exactly what I want (would prefer olympic white over vintage white) but I honestly dont know if I can live with the scalloped neck...but I love maple fretboards..

The Suhr classic pro maple FB/ OW is what I am thinking of for a while now..at least this is the way I would like to go(dont like their haedstocks though..)

• Actually I really,really love big headstocks of the 70s..I always did..

Me too. It was one of the reasons I couldn't resist my Fender CS strat when I saw it was on sale (reduced by one third of the price), though mine has a reversed headstock. I love the look of the YJM strats too, though I played one recently and hated the scalloped 'board.

• @sambrox

Honestly..my thoughts turn a bit away from the Suhr (mainly cause of the headstock) and concentrate more on the Folreden..

I went to their Homepage but somehow I can not find out how far their "customization" goes..specially ie neck/fretboard/headstock..about the neck there is only "thin"/"medium" etc as choice..ofcourse I would ask to much if I wanted a 70s headstock,right; :huh:

I like the fact that Folreden uses Mojo-PUs..I have only heard great things about them.

• I have a suhr modern, of course not a strat really. It's an amazing guitar but really lacks mojo. Quite sterile and precise. Amazing guitars and a great sound but my go to is a tele worth a lot less!

Guitars are funny things. There's an organic aspect to a great one that seems to have nothing to do with price.

• I have a chinese squier that I love a lot cause of her mojo..I mean..qualitywise this axe is a complete desaster..but I spent 300 deutsch marks for the mojo back then..

• @sambrox

On the Folredens Facebook site I found a picture of a guy (picture 52) holding a two tone sunburst stratocaster with 70s headstock..what a beauty..in his back at least one further (white) strat with "lipsticks"..also with 70s headstock(if I am not wrong) and for sure a red (pink;)JM with 70s headstock..

Do I have to contact Folreden to find out about this "option";Because I cant find anything about this on their site/facebook

I am in love.. ;)

Custom build..Mojo PUs.."full" Fenderstyle headstocks..1000 bucks less than a Suhr/TA..including a nice case..wow..

• back somewhere in the 90s my (very small) dealer one day offered me a Squier for handicraft work which he planned to sort out otherwise... i got it for some 100 DM, screwed off the twisted unplayable neck and ordered a Warmoth Neck with fattest available profile and 6100 Dunlop frets.
    It's my beloved favourite up to today - the outstanding Warmoth Neck in conjunction with the 46mm thick heavy body produces a sustain which doesn't remarkably differ from that of my Heritage Paula. SD-Quarterpounds are completing my pure joy whenever I play it.

I like scalloped fingerboards and therefore the other day - suffering from G.A.S. attack - ordered a used YJM-like custom Fenderstrat with Ashbody on ebay... so lovely looking with that CBS headstock... finally it turned out being a disappointment from a quality point of view (e.g. not fitting stringspacing, catastrophical adjustment of the brassnut) and I had to invest some money to get it to a satisfying playable state. It's ok now, but not more...
    just my 2 cents...
    should my little guitarfamily need a further extension in the future (due to G.A.S. :rolleyes: ), I most likely will have another look at the Warmoth homepage.
    But the Folreden page looks interesting, didn't know it up to now...
    good luck! :thumbup:

• Thanks to all for your help..

I guess if the big headstock option for the Folreden cost not to much and the pricetag will be still in the 1600-1700 euro kind of thing(including shipping) my order will be placed very soon.

• The white one has the more common smaller headstock design; it might well be my actual guitar!

• yeah youre right..the white one is still a beauty,nice choice..I like the lipsticks..

I just send them an email with questions about the neck and (ofcourse) the headstock..I hope the bigger headstock cost not to much extra.I am fighting with me about white or two tone sunburst..other than that I would (actually..will..) go for maple fretboard,60s style Mojos..I hope really I can get also an "modern medium C" kind of neck..I guess I will see soon.Again thanks for the heads up.The youtubes with the Folredens are making me to have a very "positive feeling" about this.

@Laurens

Thank you dear friend but I guess I made already my choice. ;)

• Yes,ofcourse..I would like at least a 12" radius..this is why I was very interested in the new Fenders with their compound 9,5-14" (i think) radius..

Sadly Folreden does not give any info on this..only about the neck itself with thin/middle/thick

• Yes,ofcourse..I would like at least a 12" radius..this is why I was very interested in the new Fenders with their compound 9,5-14" (i think) radius..

Sadly Folreden does not give any info on this..only about the neck itself with thin/middle/thick

Call them up