Recording and monitoring

• I have always had a problem with playing whilst monitoring the "recorded" cab sound, with all modellers etc, and the same with the KPA. The sound is excellent, but I just cannot get on with it as I need the "amp in the room" sound when I'm playing.

But now of course, that's all changed. I use the monitor out with cab off into an FET amp into a real guitar cab and listen to the "real" guitar amp in the room, but I record the sound from the KPA main outs. Happy at last. :)...... and I also sometimes record the dry direct guitar sound too just in case I want to re-amp later.

• I have always had a problem with playing whilst monitoring the "recorded" cab sound, with all modellers etc, and the same with the KPA. The sound is excellent, but I just cannot get on with it as I need the "amp in the room" sound when I'm playing.

But now of course, that's all changed. I use the monitor out with cab off into an FET amp into a real guitar cab and listen to the "real" guitar amp in the room, but I record the sound from the KPA main outs. Happy at last. :)...... and I also sometimes record the dry direct guitar sound too just in case I want to re-amp later.

I can sympathise with this whole heartedly.
    There are a few cabs in the KPA that I do like FRFR to an atomic FRFR, and thats a first for me with ANY modeller.
    Monitor out>power amp and cab with the KPA is glorious though, no doubt about it.

Hi there... did you find that the monitors didn't sound good... I can't get a good sound at all with my studio monitors... the recorded sounds are much better...not perfect yet as I haven't found out how it's best to record the kemper, what things in my DAW make it better.. so you said just take the cab emulation off... do you mean when you are recording you have it going into an amp as the monitors were not good sounding, or... thanks man, I hope you understand me, I've had my headphones on for a few hours with the kemper and I'm a bit frazzled :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

Hey again Jon.. did you find that the you couldn't get a decent sound out of your recording monitors... I get the playback sound after recording similar to the kemper but not a good sound out of the recording monitors if I listen while recording .... :cursing:

• Recording and monitoring

I have always had a problem with playing whilst monitoring the "recorded" cab sound, with all modellers etc, and the same with the KPA. The sound is excellent, but I just cannot get on with it as I need the "amp in the room" sound when I'm playing.

I do the same, its works good for me :thumbup:

• I'll ask you the same question then if Johnny Depp has left the building... do you find that the sound from the recording monitors is the same as you hear on playback after recording...because I don't find I can get a good reproduction through my Yamaha monitors straight from the KPA.... 8o