Midi Controller Tips&Tricks

• Hello all,

anyone by any chance using a Lexicon MPX R1 midi controller with the KPA? Just looking for some general advice on configuration, pitfalls etc.
    Also, any general resources or pointers RE midi controllers would be much appreciated!

In this context, I found a "Kemper Wiki" on the Interwebs (http://foobazaar.com/wikpa). It appears to be a bit older and no linger maintained, but it mentions a computer based graphical Midi config tool developed by a Kerman Rodriguez from Everglades Audio.
    The link to it is dead, just wondering if anyone knows what became of this project.

Thx in advance for all help and pointers!
    M.

• Sorry to be the one to tell you, but the mpx r1 does not have real sturdy footswitches, those are just metal actuators for some flimsy and very unreliable pcb mounted surface switches. I own one but got tired of its switches failing on me and having to replace them so I've designed and built my own midi footswitch. My advice would be get something else as soon as you can; the mpx r1 will work with the kpa but not for long. I used to have it in setup mode so I could send whatever midi pch message I wanted to my kemper, but IIRC it can't be programmed to send the tap tempo cc that's required by the kpa.

Good luck.