Cocked Wah Sound

• I know I've seen this discussed here before. Sometimes when listening to clips of Kemper profiles it sounds weird. Almost like there's a cocked wah on the sound. Anyone know what causes this? Is it a problem with the way the profile is made?

• I only notice this when moving from profile to profile. Try locking the cabinet of your favourite profile before doing so. Still hear it?

I put it down to hearing the direct comparisons of different mic positions.

• I know I've seen this discussed here before. Sometimes when listening to clips of Kemper profiles it sounds weird. Almost like there's a cocked wah on the sound. Anyone know what causes this? Is it a problem with the way the profile is made?

The cocked wah you have seen discussed at some threads is not so evident and you have to compare with the real amp to detect it.

• I just got a Kemper and after a few cars with it….I’ve noticed this same cocked way …almost light ring mod type modulation sound. When I roll guitar volume and pick lightly it’s very pronounced. I was just using the highly regard M Brit Dumble pack.

My first thought after confirming there were no modulation effects on…..was this sound artifact, if a byproduct of the Kemper or specify profiles….would be….totally unacceptable to everyone.

In just did an Internet search and this old thread came up affirming I’m not alone in hearing / experiencing this.

What’s the verdict? Is this a known / prevalent issue?

if anyone sees this and responds…thank you in advance.

• It doesn’t sound like you’re experiencing the same thing as the infamous “cocked wah”. Try turning the noise gate in the input section all the way off and see if that makes a difference. How are you monitoring the Kemper? What is your signal path? Other than that, you’d have to provide sound clips for the forum before it could help you further.