I need feedback

• Hi guys I’m a third-year university student and I have released a single as part as my dissertation project for my final year and part for the criteria is to receive feedback on it, so any help would be much appreciated
    Here is the link to the you tube video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also on Spotify I tunes apple music and all other major download and streaming platforms
    thanks in advance

• I would imagine that people might be more inclined to help if you could specify what kind of feedback you are looking for. Guitars, vocals, songwriting, lyrics, mixing/mastering, the whole package? After all, we have no idea what your dissertation might be about ;) I must admit, this music isn't quite my forte so I don't think I can really help, but I wish you the best of luck :)

• Well, "professional" would be to:

As far as the thread's title is concerned:

1) Start with a thread title that employs the proper use of capital letters.
    2) Use the correct terminology in the title's question; its purpose is destroyed otherwise.
    3) Consider the effect of opening by saying, "i need such and such" in a professional situation.

Other considerations:

4) Don't spam the forum - choose one, appropriate sub-forum, such as "Link Your Music" in this case.

Less-important, but if you want to be professional:

5) The word "the" in the product title should not contain a capital "T".

You say you're in your final year, Aaron, so congratulations, mate; you're almost there! I do hope however that the course tutors haven't neglected to inform you about some of the basics of professionalism based on what I've seen here.

Why bother? The music industry has always been "fickle"; the difference, historically, between those who "made it" and those who didn't has often come down to the sorts of things I uncovered above when I "dissected" (correct use of the word in this case!) your post. The rules are simple:

Be polite - goes without saying.
    Present clearly - don't mumble and do use the correct terminology.
    Don't shout or swear - goes without saying if you're looking for someone to invest in you.
    Be patient - allow sufficient time for someone to respond. IOW, don't spam!
    Be punctual.
    Mean what you say, and say what you mean.
    Learn to follow instructions to the letter.

These qualities will often separate you from your competition, IMHO, even when it's superficially-more-talented.

OK, enough nit picking. I've only bothered because I detected a glaring lack of training in this area, which suggested to me that those running the course ought to be called out on it; it's not your fault, Aaron, unless you've simply ignored them...

Finally, I'm sorry but the music isn't my cup of tea so it'd be unfair of me to offer a critique thereof, kinda like asking a vegan to appraise Wagyu beef. All I can do now is wish you luck, man; I hope you pass! 8o

• Not at all, mate! Don't be silly!

I know I would have come across as an old fuddy-duddy, but was prepared to look that way in order to try to help. There's a lot more than meets the eye in this industry, and inter-personal skills and professionalism alone can take you a very-long way, believe me.

There's a "singer" / "actor" here in Australia who failed rather-miserably on a talent show, oh, I don't know... maybe 15 years ago. He couldn't sing but presented well, and had ambitions of being in a boy band. He smooth-talked the judges, all of whom ended up liking him. He bowed out of the competition long before the finals, and definitely couldn't sing or dance well-enough to be placed in such a band. Despite this, he immediately started to appear here and there, being invited, as I recall, as a guest to a "celebrity tent" at the Melbourne Cup, a huge sporting "event" down under. Next thing I knew he had landed minor rolls in musicals, and later on progressed to leading rolls.

Right now he's the lead (Jesus) in Jesus Christ Superstar, which is currently on the theatre circuit.

It's obvious to any who've followed that this all came about through his professional-and-personable attitude. He was obviously willing to follow instruction, be punctual-and-reliable, work hard at his craft, eat humble pie when appropriate - especially in recognising his limitations, and even 'though he's still not a standout talent-wise, he's "made it", is a household name, and probably has work lined up for years to come... all because of his inter-personal skills and professionalism.

Key to all this is learning to make friends where humanly-possible and therefore not burn bridges. He has a long trail of good relationships behind him that will in turn and in time continue to deliver future opportunities.

So, you see, what you say when you walk in the door (in this case, the thread's title), and how you respond to those who take the time to show an interest (you've been gracious-and-polite IMHO - kudos to you, Aaron!), count for a lot more than one might imagine, especially as these things often set the tone for things to come, and not least because folks tend to judge others within seconds and those initial impressions can take some work to alter.

Anyway, I guess I've pretty-much summed up what I suspect your tutors have neglected to emphasise during this course. Who knows, maybe this is a subject they intend to cram in towards the end of it, but at any rate, if you're willing to take what I've said seriously, IMHO you'll hopefully be better-equipped when the next opportunity for progress presents itself, and let's face it, that could be at a convenience store on the way home from rehearsal or a gig; one never knows.

Take care man, and good luck, Aaron!