Kemper Editor ...... are Kemper working on an "official" editor or not ? .... do we have an actual / official answer from Kemper ?

• Hey all

Quick question ..... and am absolutly not looking or wanting to start an "editor" discussion, but I cant seem to find the answer to this question:-

=> are Kemper actually working on an official Editor ?

Only asking as I *thought* I had read a while ago that they [for now at least] would not (?) ..... then I *thought* someone said they spoke to Kemper at NAMM last year and that there were working on one (?) .... and then I *seem to recall* that someone said that they there were'nt working on one (?)

Like I said, Im not getting in to they should / should have must debate ...... just looking for clarity about the actual / official situation.

Ben

• I must say that it is shocking that no editor has ever been created. It is a pain to navigate through effect pages to find what you need. Not to mention the wear on these dials and buttons.

What gives??

• I heard it many times from other players: great sound but to complicated to use without an editor. Maybe they won't sell too much units :D

Time is like a prison cell for those whose crime is loneliness

• I must say that it is shocking that no editor has ever been created. It is a pain to navigate through effect pages to find what you need. Not to mention the wear on these dials and buttons.

What gives??

IIRC, the interface on the Kemper was originally conceived to be used without an editor. In reality, it isn't that difficult to navigate without an editor. However, everyone is used to having a PC editor, so that seems to be what people expect, regardless of how much they might actually 'need' it. I would like to have a full fledged editor and a way to organize set lists all in one, but I don't think it is necessary. It's nice to be able to access all the functions without an editor, I definitely wouldn't trade ease of use of the unit for an editor. I think as they have added more and more features over the years (when I started using it in 2013 it didn't have quite so many options), and as more and more people move to a Kemper from devices that have editors (AXE, POD, Helix), there is a bit more demand and even expectation that one should be created for the Kemper.

• One of my concerns is that Browse knob on the KPA will wear out due to needing several turns for almost everything. It's probably done a few thousand rotations in just the first few weeks, so I'm worried that it'll die prematurely.

I'm firmly in the camp of wanting a computer editor, but prefer they work on improving stability and stomps instead.

• Wear & tear is one factor, but even with a great interface like the Kemper's there are things like automation and just convenience (not everyone has their KPA sitting on the desk) that mean an editor would be very welcome.

Personally an editor is a lower priority than just having my DAW store and switch profiles in a session (ideally per track in a little VST) and improvements to the reverbs and "room" sounds (I like 60's, 70's, and 90's grungy distant mic'd sounds). Nebula or other non-linear style room IR/verb would be sweet.

• One of my concerns is that Browse knob on the KPA will wear out due to needing several turns for almost everything. It's probably done a few thousand rotations in just the first few weeks, so I'm worried that it'll die prematurely.

I'm firmly in the camp of wanting a computer editor, but prefer they work on improving stability and stomps instead.

Use rig exchange then!

• Use rig exchange then!

Tommy, to be fair to Finally, one can find themselves frequently using the Browse knob without ever changing an amp/rig. Examples would be when you are scrolling through presets, such as delays, or stomp presets, or Cabinet presets. In these cases (presets), Rig Manager is of no help. In fact, in my personal experience, this is almost the exclusive reason I use the Browse knob -- i.e., to scroll through presets of one form or another.

Cheers,
    John

Hi Finally,

Here is a tip, which hopefully will be helpful in cutting down (dramatically) the turning of the Browse knob.

Here is what you do. Say, for example, you want to scroll through different amps. You would first, of course, hold the Amp button to bring the amp menu into focus. Then, turn the Browse knob just one click. This will bring up your pool of amps. Now, instead of using the Browse knob to move and scroll through the amp selections, use the arrow buttons on the right side of the KPA control panel. Up and down will move you vertically through a column, whereas the right or left button will advance to the next column. Also, you will probably want to enable "Rig Autoload" in the Systems menu, which will automatically load any rig (or preset) as you scroll through the browse pool.

Cheers,
    John

This is my biggest concern too.

This is exactly what I'm doing too. It's also way faster. But then I realized that this involves a lot of pushes on the arrow buttons too. Still better than the browse knob.

• Thanks for that! I've started using the arrow buttons to move across the effect presets but hadn't though about using it for rigs. That'll save a bunch of scrolling.

Once I get my performances nailed I imagine I'll tweak less.

I LOVE the wah and the fact that I can set it on globally, with bypass on stop AND turn it into a volume pedal with a tuner. That's some serious stuff! I find myself using tiny little bits of wah for embellishment rather than "turning it on for a wah part" like I used to.