Best Marshall Profile

• Kudos to Top Jimi. Best Marshall Profile I've ever heard.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm still struggling to make it sound right. So far this is my only disapointment on TAF profiles, especially since everyone seems to be in love with this pack

Choose another cab and the sun comes up. I use a 2x12 mesa boogie from tonehammer and this combi is killer.

• I'm still struggling to make it sound right. So far this is my only disapointment on TAF profiles, especially since everyone seems to be in love with this pack

What guitar do you use?
    There are profiles for every typ of guitar in this pack.
    So chose the right ones.

• I have a LP with PAF style PUs. I tried the LP profiles as well as Andy's dialed ones which sound a little better IMO. They require more tweaking to taste than some other marvelous packages I have from TAF. I need to spend more time on it.

@Eltzejupp cab change is an option I haven't considered so far on TAF profiles as I usually don't do it much on studio profiles. It could worth the investigation

• I have a LP with PAF style PUs. I tried the LP profiles as well as Andy's dialed ones which sound a little better IMO. They require more tweaking to taste than some other marvelous packages I have from TAF. I need to spend more time on it.

@Eltzejupp cab change is an option I haven't considered so far on TAF profiles as I usually don't do it much on studio profiles. It could worth the investigation

Yes, check it out. I play s lot of studio profiles with other cabs and they sound awesome.

Did you hear your profiles with a big PA?

• Topjimis superleads and jtms are indeed rocknroll machines..

Actually during the last months with all the "accurate" and "congestion" threads I always asked myself if our friends ever played the superlead6 or the JTM45 from topjimi.I still go "wtf" all the way whenever these sounds beat me through my frfr..

As for more modern marshalls I honestly dont know which I prefer TAFs are great but also some free rigs are amazing.I still plan to try the "big hairy" profiles from this guy on youtube.Sounds great to me.80s at its best.

MBritt has also some "special marshalls" which sound great with my Stratocaster..but these are not for medium gain or let alone high gain..Mbritt is for me the absolute "breakup-master" specially for Fender-amps..like And44 is for me the "boutique-king" when it comes to combos like matchless,D:13 or Carr..

• Top Jimi sound recordings seem to have some kind of reverb that I hear. It actually sounds like some extra 'room' elements were captured in the profile. Is this added afterwards, or is the kemper actually capable of capturing some of that?

• Top Jimi sound recordings seem to have some kind of reverb that I hear. It actually sounds like some extra 'room' elements were captured in the profile. Is this added afterwards, or is the kemper actually capable of capturing some of that?

No, just the amp. You can put on space or reverb after though.

• Have you compared Top Jimi's JTM45 to The Amp Factory's Pack 10 JTM45, by any chance? I haven't bought any profiles for the JTM45 yet, and am wondering which may be the best. Also open to other suggestions, as well.

Try the jcm 800 from TAF

Exactly this.And nothing else!

Not that I need any more 800s, but are you all referring to the Pack 10 JCM800 or a different version? I can't find any sound clips for the Pack 10 version.

• Have you compared Top Jimi's JTM45 to The Amp Factory's Pack 10 JTM45, by any chance? I haven't bought any profiles for the JTM45 yet, and am wondering which may be the best. Also open to other suggestions, as well.

Not that I need any more 800s, but are you all referring to the Pack 10 JCM800 or a different version? I can't find any sound clips for the Pack 10 version.

It's an older pack called Marshall JCM 800 HOTMOD (Profiles for Strat, Tele and Gibson and some bonus profiles). Ask Andy from TAF about that pack if you are interested.

• @patrick2099

To be honest..no..I am so "electrified" by topjimis superleads that I did not search further.For me it is "just it".Cant get better.Same for his JTMs/bluesbreakers..they sound glorious to me and I have a hard time to remember when I ever had so fast so good results recording with these profiles so easily or playing "always on the run" and answering to guys where I have hidden my "old marshall"..

But I cant say it often enough.It is all about personal taste and what you want to hear.I like the way topjimi does the vintage marshall stuff.He has the "same ears" like me.Like @and44 has the "same ears" for me when it comes to sweet,nice sounds like matchless & vox class A & A/B stuff.I just like the way he does that kind of profiles.

So in any case it is a very complicated thing to ask for "the best profiles for xyz-amps"..nevertheless I did the same ofcourse.. :D ..if I remember correctly I was on a serious warpath askinf people for "what is the best SLO100 profile" a long time ago.

In the end I found my SLO profiles but they are none of these any of the nice forumers here suggested when I asked.

It is all about to find the profilers who have the "same ears" to what you want & need for certain things.Another very,very interesting aspect of the KPA. ;)

• It's an older pack called Marshall JCM 800 HOTMOD (Profiles for Strat, Tele and Gibson and some bonus profiles). Ask Andy from TAF about that pack if you are interested.

Thanks. I'd really like to hear the difference between the older ones and the newer ones, but didn't hear any sound clips of the newer ones.