Best Marshall Profile

• I'd have to say BM's Marshall in the 2nd pack. TAF's jcm800 mod, MB's 69 & 70. I like Guido's JTM also. The Top Jimi profiles have never worked for me. They are either way too shrill or by changing the definition, they lose their magic. That's just my experience, but everyone's is different and so is their gear.

• Kazbach Marshall profiles!!

All the Marshalls you'll ever need :thumbup:

Thanks to 'stratocaster' for pointing these out. I bought today the JMP50 Trem and JTM50 Black Flag. For me that's spot on and although the amp is perfect, I found if I lock the cab, then all my other profiles become brilliant as well. I'll probably end up getting the 'all bundle'.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• Holy smokes! Those Katzbach JCM800 profiles slap. I might just have to buy in.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My top marshall profiles:

Top Jimmy JCM800

Guidorist JTM

Michael britt Plexi (from the 2020 pack)

Worst "best try" ever: Purple plexi tone junkie (so much potential, bad results)

Seriously tough, I havent found a plexi as sweet as the MB plexi, stock cab or greenbacks 412 cab, it shines with tons of dynamics and exquisite tone, with any guitar. For me it is a holy grail profiling right there.

The answer is 42

• What effects is he using at 4:10 in the vid? I hear phaser and chorusing with a rotary speaker? and a bit of delay and verb.

I suppose he is using a the stereo widener but I can't seem to get that much spread unless I use my fav DAW widener.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• i love most of the Tone Junkie stuff but was also really underwhelmed by the Purple Plexi pack.

the MBritt Marshalls are great. As are some of the othervTone Junies like the 1974x and JTM45

The dumble modded one is fantastic, but not my type of marshall crunch, I enjoy raw marshall overdrive more. But it is recorded quite well. Havent tried JTM45.

The answer is 42

• The dumble modded one is fantastic, but not my type of marshall crunch, I enjoy raw marshall overdrive more. But it is recorded quite well. Havent tried JTM45.

I don't have the Dumble one but the JTM45 and 1974x are both great and raw (once you turn off all of Joanthan's compression, delay and reverb). The Plexi SL is good too.

• Kudos to Top Jimi. Best Marshall Profile I've ever heard.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have to say this 74 pack is my favorite now I did like the MB ones at first, and went back to these '74s. They seem to be smoother grained and have a bit of that hollow sound I always associate with old Marshalls I love. Slightly boxy, chunky, non strident top end but still aggressive.

My list of favorites in order of preference:(subject to change :))

TJ '74 pack (Brown sound pack is great too but like Boston tones seem to be best primarily for their intended purpose)

MB 78 that is in the Crank N go

MB 1979 that came with the Kemper.

To my ears, none of the "free" ones compare with the above that I've tried, and I've tried maybe 25

I had 3 Top Jimi packs that I "put away" after I got them finding stuff that I thought was much better. When I went back to them (Now that I know a bit more about adjusting things and watching this video again) I put them back in top rotation. I think I was trying the merged ones and now the Studio ones that I seem to prefer for some reason even through a cab. I'm not the only one that thinks the studio profiles are often better. Now I am puzzled why I spurned them in the first place, because I've been playing them and A/B ing them daily against other Marshalls with good results. My ears must have shifted.... If I find something I like better I'll switch, but these are pretty hard to beat.

• Our ears evolve from day to day, that is a fact, and not necesarily in the same direction. I give you an example. I have a HiFi system which I just turn on whenever I want to enjoy music, same volume, same headphones I have used maybe 500 hours so far (T90 beyerdynamics), these headphones are famous for being pretty harsh with bad recorded songs, and they have pretty hot treble. One song I visit very often is money from pink floyd, and from day to day, I feel that my ears detect the hot treble in the begining of the song (the cash machine sounds are my go to reference) with different intesity (sometimes more, sometimes less), and also I find differences in the way instruments are presented, separation of these.

One day I find a "perfect profile" and the next, it seems like it lost something. I never give up on a profile I found magical before, because I know it might become magic again in the future. Just my grain of salt

The answer is 42

• Our ears evolve from day to day, that is a fact, and not necesarily in the same direction. I give you an example. I have a HiFi system which I just turn on whenever I want to enjoy music, same volume, same headphones I have used maybe 500 hours so far (T90 beyerdynamics), these headphones are famous for being pretty harsh with bad recorded songs, and they have pretty hot treble. One song I visit very often is money from pink floyd, and from day to day, I feel that my ears detect the hot treble in the begining of the song (the cash machine sounds are my go to reference) with different intesity (sometimes more, sometimes less), and also I find differences in the way instruments are presented, separation of these.

One day I find a "perfect profile" and the next, it seems like it lost something. I never give up on a profile I found magical before, because I know it might become magic again in the future. Just my grain of salt

Very true regarding finding the perfect profile then later its not so perfect. That's happened to me a few times.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Very true regarding finding the perfect profile then later its not so perfect. That's happened to me a few times.

The moment I find a profile that gets me a magic moment with any of my guitars, it gets favorited to eternity, and stays that way, so maybe in the future, with same or other guitar, gets more of my attention. Important is to also give some opportunity to old profiles, X+Y=Z, you never know which guitar will also be "the one" for an specific profile.

The answer is 42

• Holy smokes! Those Katzbach JCM800 profiles slap. I might just have to buy in.

Update: I picked up the Katzbach JMP 2203 pack. It wasn't an instant hit for me. But for the price ($7.50 USD), it's a low cost of entry. I play a Tele and a Strat, so that probably has something to do with it.