Dual amps

• Hi everyone and greetings from Canada. New member here and I haven't seen this request so far, but any word on if dual amp patches are planned? I've had some good experiences using dual amp profiles with one clean and one dirty amp.

• Doesn't look to be possible with the actual hardware. Agree that is not necessary, with other modelers (like my old HD500) is a trick to revive muffled distortion and get more definition, here you don't have those issues anymore ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Welcome anot. This option has been discussed by another forum member with ckemper directly, though I don't know whether it is possible or planned.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• By the way when it sounds good you don't need 2 amps. IMO

Doesn't Holdsworth run one clean and one dirty amp as part of his sound? Could also be used for dry/wet rigs. I like idea of the profile morphing as that could be interesting.

• +1 on dual amps.
    I am guessing it can be done. A fast DSP can do a lot of calculating in realtime. Think about the Virus... multitimbral synth, effekt, polyphonic

• This should be possible and I hope they implement it soon. I am not talking about profiling a stereo rig, but being able to combine 2 already profiled amps, into a stereo profile, For instance, Dual rec on left and Engl on Right etc for a monster high gain patch. Since the profiles are not very big in size, I would think this would be possible and just a software update, not hardware. Would LOVE this.

• Welcome anot. This option has been discussed by another forum member with ckemper directly, though I don't know whether it is possible or planned.

OT:
    Do you have a link ?
    Really interested in this.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• OT:
    Do you have a link ?
    Really interested in this.

It was an offline discussion between Mats Nermark and Christoph Kemper during the Beta-Testing.....I mean the private one...not the public.... ;( :D :D :D

• Ok.
    Profile morphing could be an awesome feature.
    I really wonder what Christoph's answer was.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• I'm pretty sure we won't see two-profiles-at-the-same-time until whenever a Kemper II shows up, or they put out some kind of hardware upgrade. However, if you've got two profiles, it seems reasonable that the KPA should be able to look at them both, do some math, and spit out a blend of the two.

Also, to the OP, have you tried fiddling with Direct Mix in your amp parameters? It could use some more options, like a "where do you want this direct signal to come from" setting, but it's great for putting a bit of definition back in your high-gain tones.

• I had run some Fender-Vox dual profiles with mixed results (on the rig exchange). No matter how well done the initial dual profile you are committed to the dynamic captured at profile with no real wiggle room (unlike a single amp profile where you have lots of room to manipulate). I asked about this same feature some time ago and received responses from encouraging to borderline harassment because the topic had been previously discussed. My previous live rig was a Mesa Boogie Road King and a 100w Marshall. The beauty of the dual amp set up is the ability to run not only clean one side/dirty other but choosing different effects and textures. I would run a dirty chorus left and balls out dry right. Or a bit of a short delay on one side and a longer delay on the other. The possibilities are endless and most useful. I understand the argument that the KPA makes up for the need for 2 amps simultaneously but this is negating the creative potential and uses of a dual amp set up. The dual amp possibilities with spreading effects alone would be worth it, not to mention the possibilities on tonal variation. For anyone very happy with a single amp set up, bravo! Certainly not taking anything away from that. Let's not tie one hand behind the back of creative thinkers because a percentage don't see the need/usefulness. I say press on with requests for a dual-amp feature/capability. :thumbup: