Master volume setting

• The nature of Master Volume contradicts your request.

Master Volume is just an additional layer control of all the output volumes currently linked to it. You could ask, what is the optimum default volume for the Monitor Output. But that depends on what is connected to that output and how the input sensitivity of that device is set.

• The nature of Master Volume contradicts your request.

Master Volume is just an additional layer control of all the output volumes currently linked to it. You could ask, what is the optimum default volume for the Monitor Output. But that depends on what is connected to that output and how the input sensitivity of that device is set.

Burkhard,
    When you are in performance mode and running a bank of presets, if you adjust the master volume, it adjust the volume on all presets in that bank, right? Not just the preset you are playing in.

My question for the "optimal setting" is due to clipping. If the master volume is too high, sometimes modelers will clip, therefore some manufacturers having an ideal setting that put your right in that "zone". I have not seen decibel meters in my Kemper settings and I havent read anything on clipping so I was curious if this was something to look out for.

I do understand the the "rig volume" is for adjusting the volume in a specific preset though.

Thanks

• Michael_dk clarified some aspects already. However one aspect, which I had tried to explain, still seems misunderstood:

Master Volume at maximum (10) could be linked to Monitor Output Volume at -eternal dB, which means you don't hear anything on that output. Therefor no connected device could clip at all. Although Master Volume is at its maximum!

In another scenario Master Volume at maximum (10) or even below could be linked to Monitor Output Volume at 0 dB, which is full throttle output volume and could cause your connected device to clip.

So it doesn't matter at which level Master Volume sits. What really matters is the volume of the output in question.

The value of Master Volume only gives you a relative orientation while the relation of the volumes of the outputs linked to Master Volume are untouched.