Which FRFR Cabinet to buy?? PLEASE help!! Recommendations

• hey folks, just bought my rack profiler (non powered) and im looking for the best FRFR cab to get for it, im looking to go stereo with (2) 1x12's or a single stereo cab. appreciate any help or recommendations, want smooth stereo sound and quality :)

looking at...

mission engineering
    https://missionengineering.com…/speakers/?v=7516fd43adaa

ritter
    https://www.shop.ritteramps.de…binets/21-camper-212.html

also has any body used the power bricks for passive...? could be plan B... http://digitalguitargear.com/guitar-amp-brick/

Thank You

Madraz

• Using the search function top right of the page will gleam lots of results as it's been asked many times!

There is a general opinion in Kemper land that that the Yamaha DXR10 is one of the best out there. I chose this after recommendations on this forum and it certainly didn't disappoint. If it broke (which it won't) I would not shop around, and immediately buy another.

Good luck!

• I'm using an Atomic CLR that I originally bought for my AxeFX rig at the time. Sounds great to me but admittedly, I haven't compared it against anything else. I did like the CLR better than the QSC K10 I was using before but on the AxeFX platform.

• I have the BlueAmps Beast, FRFR/FRGR 450 watt RMS 2x12 cab and it's very, very good!

You can switch between FRFR and FRGR by using different cables and the cab is very well made and sounds...well like a beast!

Seeing as I've just gotten hold of my Kemper and I have yet to figure it out I'm using the cab in FRGR-mode as that sounds great, FRFR sounded strange but that's most likely down to the fact that I've no idea how to use the cabsimulations properly and haven't set up the global EQ or anything yet.

The cab has much more OOMPH in the lower regions than say a Marshall 4x12, and at lower volumes.

Not cheap but well worth it!

• If you are willing to spend and want something similar to a cabinet that delivers the clarity of a FRFR solution I would say don't go for the CLR or the Q12 or the Yamaha or anything like that. They do not resemble a cab in any way. They are speakers, not cabs. They do not push air, they do not thump like a cab does.

The Friedman ASC-12 is meant to be similar to a traditional cab but I have not tried it.

The Matrix FR212 is exactly like a cab. It has oomph, thump, pushes air and is exactly what you'd want behind you when playing live.

I have a FR10p arriving today so I can update on that, but if I had the space I'd definitely without a doubt go for the FR212. Matrix are really great and they have a perfect returns policy.

• There's no objectivity is what everyone's answering. Most people tend to praise the gear they own. Most people are willing to get the best of the very best gear but no one compared them all.

I own a RS LG12 and I am very happy with it. Link to the review is in my signature.

Otherwise, given the numerous positive feedbacks on this forum, go for a dxr 10.
    Cheers

• There's no objectivity is what everyone's answering. Most people tend to praise the gear they own. Most people are willing to get the best of the very best gear but no one compared them all.

I own a RS LG12 and I am very happy with it. Link to the review is in my signature.

Otherwise, given the numerous positive feedbacks on this forum, go for a dxr 10.
    Cheers

Well it's only gonna be subjective really isn't it.

Except that a cab solution will sound more like a cab than a speaker

• If you are willing to spend and want something similar to a cabinet that delivers the clarity of a FRFR solution I would say don't go for the CLR or the Q12 or the Yamaha or anything like that. They do not resemble a cab in any way. They are speakers, not cabs. They do not push air, they do not thump like a cab does.

The Friedman ASC-12 is meant to be similar to a traditional cab but I have not tried it.

The Matrix FR212 is exactly like a cab. It has oomph, thump, pushes air and is exactly what you'd want behind you when playing live.

You're right. Even if the DXR10 is almost a common solution, it still is a PA-solution / monitor / wedge. Do NOT expect a cab-like feel, do NOT approach it as a cab. At the end it's all a matter of taste but you can prevent disappointment by another mindset before buying something like a DXR or everything else that is like a wedge.
    It's all that simple: is it a cab? No? 99 to 100 it will not sound like a cab :)

• You're right. Even if the DXR10 is almost a common solution, it still is a PA-solution / monitor / wedge. Do NOT expect a cab-like feel, do NOT approach it as a cab. At the end it's all a matter of taste but you can prevent disappointment by another mindset before buying something like a DXR or everything else that is like a wedge.
    It's all that simple: is it a cab? No? 99 to 100 it will not sound like a cab :)

I went through 3 speakers (and A nightmare with Atomics customer service) before I got to the FR212 and it just ticked all the boxes.

My preferred method would be the FR212 Otherwise I prefer using a regular cab over a coaxial speaker and have bought a Zilla Fatboy 212 to use as the FR212 is a bit big for my apartment.

• I went through 3 speakers (and A nightmare with Atomics customer service) before I got to the FR212 and it just ticked all the boxes.

My preferred method would be the FR212 Otherwise I prefer using a regular cab over a coaxial speaker and have bought a Zilla Fatboy 212 to use as the FR212 is a bit big for my apartment.

When I'm back from holidays I will start my next experiment: 1x12 cab with a Beyma 12GA50 speaker in it. This is not a coaxial speaker but a so called Whizzer cone. Frequency response starts at 70 Hz to 17 kHz so on paper it's pretty FRFR, for human ears it is FRFR.

• UPS lost the FR10p and I wasn't sold on it really so instead of getting Matrix to send another out I'm gonna stick with the Zilla Fatboy I've got coming.

Sorry, I won't be reviewing it!