Which FRFR Cabinet to buy?? PLEASE help!! Recommendations

• I had a couple of DXR10's which were ok, but I couldn't get used to them at volume - too brittle. For FRFR I'm now using a pair of passive Matrix Q12's powered by a Matrix GT800FX which together are awesome. Depending on the gig I'll use a traditional 2x12 cab instead.

• I have a yam dxr10 which is pretty good and extremely loud as may be required for some. I think the highs can be a bit brittle or piercing and not quite so pleasing to the ears yet it seems fairly accurate. I now own the dynacord axm12a which I like better and is not so easy to get in the US. and not exactly cheap either. It does seem to be more accurate and revealing of profiles to me yet very pleasing to the ears in a lightweight powered wedge solution. More than enough volume as a monitor for Church Venues. Iflat ts also very versatile and comes with many inputs and dsp for flat response, FOH , and two monitor versions. There is also a 4x12 guitar cab sim that sounds terrible in my experience but maybe with some other modeler straight into it ?

• Passive. I've got the Powerhead.

Because it's small you've gotta get an amp stand so you can angle it a bit, but yea, it's cool.

Interesting... I have an Ambrosi ATM-70 in my Head. It's probably not powerful enough for the passive FR10 or 12 in a rehearsal scenario. Probably fine for onstage monitoring, though. I wish I could audition the Matrix FRFR stuff. I've not gelled with FRFR yet. The Atomic CLR I played through was awfully harsh and brittle in the upper registers, but then I was playing through someone else's Kemper at the time and was unfamiliar with their profiles. PA speakers don't cut it for me either. I've been really happy with my Matrix NL12, though.

• I have a beautiful custom made Avatar FRFR 2x12 passive cabinet. Just got it a month ago. I want to go back to a traditional cabinet. If you are interested in this awesome cabinet let me know. It's MADE for the Kemper.

• Interesting... I have an Ambrosi ATM-70 in my Head. It's probably not powerful enough for the passive FR10 or 12 in a rehearsal scenario. Probably fine for onstage monitoring, though. I wish I could audition the Matrix FRFR stuff. I've not gelled with FRFR yet. The Atomic CLR I played through was awfully harsh and brittle in the upper registers, but then I was playing through someone else's Kemper at the time and was unfamiliar with their profiles. PA speakers don't cut it for me either. I've been really happy with my Matrix NL12, though.

That's exactly what I thought about these FRFR solutions. I couldn't stand the CLR and the Q12 (and Atomic were a NIGHTMARE to deal with to return it). Then as I started to pretty much only play through monitors I got used to the sound of a guitar without a cab. Now it sounds normal to me and playing through a cab sounds somewhat muffled.

Although saying that the FR212 was instantly amazing.

Anyway, it's a great little speaker and loud as anything. It keeps up with my drummer and I'm not even pushing the Kemper.

I'd say stay with the cabinet type speakers, they're more realistic for the guitarist.