Midi Guitar/MP3 player though kemper for FOH - Setup Ideas

• Hi, I have recently discovered the Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2 - and have it working well on my desktop.

This made me think about using it live with the the software and synth sounds loaded onto an iPad. So I can play some synth sounds live.

Guitar into an A-Y box, one lead going straight to kemper input (essentially from guitar as normal) and the other lead from the A-Y box going into a basic iRig style input to the iPad and then a 1/4" line return out of the iRig that then goes into the kemper somehow. This is to remove the need for DI boxes/audio interfaces to get to FOH.

So I was wondering...in a performance slot, could I have slots 1-4 for my normal clean, crunch, dirt etc and then have slot 5 reserved for the input from the iPad? Maybe using the aux input? So that the iPad is receiving signal all of the time regardless - but will only output any synth sounds through kemper to FOH when I have this slot active?

The same idea applies to having an iPhone/mp3 input on the kemper to send to FOH so that you are not needing additional connections.

Any thoughts on a set up plan? Thanks for any advice/experience you can share!! Greg

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Thanks for your advice mate, so I would have to A-B box between (guitar to iPad to kemper aux) or (guitar to kemper front input)...clunky...but that would still work I guess!

Though as the iRig is mono out...and my main outputs are panned hard left/right for stereo that would mean aux input would only output on one side?

Can a mono aux input be routed to stereo main out? I know it won't be 'stereo'...but can it be made to come out left and right so that the FOH doesn't become 'lopsided'?

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.