Helix Native - 15 day Free Trial now available

• I played with it for a while today. Same experience as when I tested the hardware a year ago: I really wanted to like it, but ended up buying a Kemper. I'll keep my Bias FX for now, still hoping for a Kemper Native.

• I tried it too. Doesn't sound bad at all. In general, I quite like it. It won't give you straight up amazing tones in no time, but I feel like with enough tweaking and really sitting down and working on a sound, it can be as good as the Kemper in the context of a mix.

• You have to give it to Line 6, their marketing is really aggressive, good or bad.

They just released Heiix LT hardware for no other reason but to compete with the Headrush pedal at the same price range.

With this one at $399, I think it's not worth it and I can't believe they're making the Helix LT owners pay $299. I'm going to try it for fun this weekend and see if I get anything worth profiling.

Ten to 20 years from now, they likely will still be milking this technology in a Pocket Helix

• It's very good if you know what you are doing with it. I don't like the Helix profiles I've made as much as the real helix tones though. So when I use KPA, it's with profiles of the real amp, cab, ect, ect, not Helix.

• The user interface is brilliant and the effects are quite good, but I honestly couldn't find amps that I thought were worth profiling. The impulse responses however aren't bad, I did like the 4x12 Black and the4x12 V30 XXL, Twin 2x12 but the most useable all around impulse is the 4x12 Hiwatt 409

The impulse responses can add variety so I converted the ones I thought were good to Kemper format. I attached them to this post and anyone can download them and load them on the kemper.

• The user interface is brilliant and the effects are quite good, but I honestly couldn't find amps that I thought were worth profiling. The impulse responses however aren't bad, I did like the 4x12 Black and the4x12 V30 XXL, Twin 2x12 but the most useable all around impulse is the 4x12 Hiwatt 409

The impulse responses can add variety so I converted the ones I thought were good to Kemper format. I attached them to this post and anyone can download them and load them on the kemper.

It's all a matter of taste of course, but for me it was the opposite. I found some amp sims to be very good, but let down by impulses at times (but yes I agree there are some good impulses there too).

• I got mine for $99. It's definitely worth that. I'm getting some comparable tones to the Kemper when using impulse responses, and it has an editor.

Kemper is better but it's cool to be able to instantly change tones and stuff.

How is the Klon effect?

• How is the Klon effect?

It was surprisingly good. The OCD was quite good also (had option for two different versions). I wish they would release a smaller version that includes all the effects without the amp models and all the crazy routings, I'd buy it for sure.

• How'd you get it for $99 :)

I bought a Helix.

As a heads up, the terms state that if you have had a Helix for 180 days you can get the promotion, providing no one has used the promotion attached to the unit, otherwise you have to pay full price.

If you were to sell it after that time or have had it for that time you are okay. Otherwise if someone registers it they can deny you access to the plugin until you've paid the remaining price.

If you like the trial, it could be worth getting a used one and then selling it on in 6 months if you don't like the hardware, allowing you to keep the plugin.

• It was surprisingly good. The OCD was quite good also (had option for two different versions). I wish they would release a smaller version that includes all the effects without the amp models and all the crazy routings, I'd buy it for sure.

The LT is halfway there.