Direct into PA

• When going direct into a pa with the Kemper how do you adjust your levels when going from a clean rythm sound to a louder dirty lead sound? Can this be done with your guitars volume pot, or do you need to adjust the settings on the kemper? I have never played through a pa, so I am unfamilar with the process. I mostly play at local blues jams so there will not be a FOH guy to adjust me levels, most likley set it and forget it. Thanks for any feedback
    Cheers

• When going direct into a pa with the Kemper how do you adjust your levels when going from a clean rythm sound to a louder dirty lead sound? Can this be done with your guitars volume pot, or do you need to adjust the settings on the kemper? I have never played through a pa, so I am unfamilar with the process. I mostly play at local blues jams so there will not be a FOH guy to adjust me levels, most likley set it and forget it. Thanks for any feedback
    Cheers

Welcome.
    Provided you have leveled your rigs at home at gig volume (using the rig volume) no further tweaks should be necessary when switching from one profile to another.

• as ingolf says, just set all the pre-sets at home first. This is no different to using a cab vs FOH. Also as the Kemper responds like a tube amp, lowering the guitar volume will often just clean it up, not totally reduce volume.

Also, don;t forget to sound check your loudest volumes so you don;t overload the desk...

Also, deoending upon your monitoring ( i.e. you going through a cab as well) make sure your volumes aren;t linked, so you can change your on stage sound but keep the feed to the PA constant. Most people set the volume output tothe master outputs to around -18db to the PA

• @cmack15 said " Can this be done with your guitars volume pot, or do you need to adjust the settings on the kemper?"

You do not need to change the way you currently do this - if you like doing it with your volume pot, the Kemper will respond just like the profiled amp would respond. I use the volume pots on my guitars all the time to change from rhythm to lead.

If you currently don't use your volume knob, you can set up separate rhythm and lead sounds.

Like the others have said, volume balance your live rigs so the FOH engineer always gets the same maximum level when your guitar is turned up all the way for soloing.