Several little questions for grand users!

• hey boys, sorry for starting two threads in one day, will be my last time doing this, I just have several little questions before I take the final plunge and purchase the Kemper

1-) Does the Kemper powered (or unpowered) have an effects loop I can use to plug in time effects? I'd also plug a tube preamp on the Return Loop and bi pass the Kemper's Pre's and just use the tube preamp if it's possible (I'd only do this to play around with my other preamp without having to buy a power amp for it like you would do with a normal tube amp with effects loop.

2-) will a FRFR system be enough for me to play bass too through my Kemper? I'm not a bass player per se but sometimes I play bass while writing songs or recording and I'd like to know the active system would handle the deep bass?

3-) For you guys gigging with the Kemper and going directly to FOH, how good does it sound even if the bar doesn't have the best PA. is it still acceptable? right now I'm using a pedalboard with a Palmer Pocket amp which is not the best sound but it's acceptable and I can use my normal guitar pedals). I don't need THE BEST

4-) will an FRFR system sound AS BIG and full as a tube amp and a cab speaker? I play mostly clean/od blues/soul/pop ala John Mayer but I would like to have the option of playing some rock and metal too and having the system sound big and full.

Thank you everyone! looking fwd to joining you all.

JT

• 1. Yes.
    2. Depends on the FRFR system you will have. A bass system needs more power than a guitar system. On the other hand, most FRFR systems have plenty of power.
    3. If you're coming from a Palmer pocket amp, the Kemper is more than acceptable!!
    4. Depends on what you're expecting. The Kemper isn't a tube amp and a FRFR-speaker isn't a guitarcab.

• 1. Yes.
    2. Depends on the FRFR system you will have. A bass system needs more power than a guitar system. On the other hand, most FRFR systems have plenty of power.
    3. If you're coming from a Palmer pocket amp, the Kemper is more than acceptable!!
    4. Depends on what you're expecting. The Kemper isn't a tube amp and a FRFR-speaker isn't a guitarcab.

I hace tube amps and all that good stuff but for quick gigs where I cannot/won't hull around an amp I take the pedalboard with the Pocket amp which allows me to use my analog pedals directly into the PA board.

• 3-) For you guys gigging with the Kemper and going directly to FOH, how
    good does it sound even if the bar doesn't have the best PA. is it still
    acceptable? right now I'm using a pedalboard with a Palmer Pocket amp
    which is not the best sound but it's acceptable and I can use my normal
    guitar pedals). I don't need THE BEST

The quality of the PA is a factor whatever you use, the limiting factor won;t be the Kemper. So does it sound good through a PA, totally. Will it make a crap PA sound good? Of course not. Will you get the best out of the poor PA, yes :)

4-) will an FRFR system sound AS BIG and full as a tube amp and a cab
    speaker? I play mostly clean/od blues/soul/pop ala John Mayer but I
    would like to have the option of playing some rock and metal too and
    having the system sound big and full.
    This is has been debated many times...my personal view is that it is slightly different not necessarily better or worse. I can;t even describe why its different. The Kemper is certainly not clinical like many other digital devices, its very responsive. Tube amps with a guitar cab have that natural compressed thump that sometimes isn't there BUT this is so related to how its set up. I think you'll love it but there is a slight adjustment you have to make...I went from Tube amp to Kemper with guitar cab to FRFR and I wouldn't go back now....

• Thank you for the answer man, very helpful. I'm looking fwd to it!

• The only thing I'll add is that i did have to get used to it.

This is the same for any amp, you have to get comfortable with it but that hump is bigger with the KPA because:
    1) there are so many sounds to choose from and therefore find and adjust
    2) Something digital cannot surely sound this good (physiological). It took a few people to compliment me on my sound to get confidence!

Its worth the effort...

Just as a side comment, I love gear, I always look at new gear, guitars pedals etc....although sine I've had the KPA I've not been tempted by any amp or pedals in the last 2 years. Anyone that knows me, that's a pretty big compliment to the KPA! Another reason my wife loves it, much cheaper in the long run :)

• 3. Yes, you are absolutely 100% guaranteed to sound better through the PA using kemper - than the other guitarists on the night that have mic'd up cabinets and going through the same PA...you are can profiles mic'd in great studios by great engineers...and not the sound guy that has limited access to good gear.

4. Kemper EXCELS clean through a FRFR.

Greg

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.