best sound with the kemper in the studio ...

• On Topic Edit: Bommel you recommend to use DI profiles with a real cab, and to not use Studio profiles with the cab block off. But what about a Merged profile with the Cab block off? That should be the same, yeah?

Merged profiles are D.I. profiles with a added cab part right? so these should be fine imo ... I think one or two times i was suprised that a studio profile sounded great with a real cab but overall it was worse most of the time :)

• Merged profiles are D.I. profiles with a added cab part right? so these should be fine imo ... I think one or two times i was suprised that a studio profile sounded great with a real cab but overall it was worse most of the time :)

Yep. I figured it was the same, but I might as well ask The Man.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Hi Bommel, would you please send me a link to your tutorial of how to make a "perfect acoustic sound with the Kemper"?

• Hi Bommel, would you please send me a link to your tutorial of how to make a "perfect acoustic sound with the Kemper"?

IT is rather easy, but you need a few things

1. The Tonedexter Pedal or a Match EQ plugin

2. A recording of a Guitartone you like OR a few mics you really like on your guitar

With acoustic guitar

With the Tone Dexter

Just make some tonedexter wavemaps until you are happy with the tone and profile that with the "no cab" option on

With the Match EQ plugin

Record both the Piezo out and a miced signal you like match eq it and the profile that

With the Plugin and source tone

record the piezo tone amd match eq it to a recording of a guitar tone you like. This option does not work perfectly but it gets you

somewhere close.

With Electric guitar it only works well with singlecoils or very broadband pickups as well as piezos

here you just have to make it with a target acoustic track.

Alternatively you can make IRs of that and put them on the kemper or your device of choice but idk i had mixed results doing that.

In the end you should have the, imho, best option right now to get a great acoustic guitar tone on stage.

overall the tonedexter is imo the best option for a great tone at the moment but since the kemper profiles work perfectly you can benefit from the kemper effects

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

btw. i made some tonedexter profiles, they are in rig exchange i think so they might not fit perfectly to your instrument you can try them :)