best sound with the kemper in the studio ...

• i tried for soooo long to get the best out of the kemper aaaaand here is my summary

-use real pedals with the kemper, not the built in ones
    -do not use studioprofiles when going to a guitar cab, only use DI profiles for that purpose
    -use the tc bodyrez to mimic the natural sag and compression of a tube amp

Here is a Comparison of
    1. Real Amp DI + Wall Of Sound Plugin
    2. Studio Profile Without Cab +WOS,
    3. Studio Profile With Cab
    4. A Di Profile + WOS

overall i like recording the real amp most followed by the di Profile and then the normal studio profile and the worst sound made the studioprofile without cab into the cabsim

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i used the wall of sound plugin for sample 1,2 & 4 with the same settings

and if you compare the difference between sample 1 and 4 you can hear that the real amp has a lot more compression and sag and so on

and like you can hear in this sample the tc bodyrez can mimic that very well

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The real amp sounds bitching. Heck, this is THE tone I miss recently.

• Is the effect of the BodyRez really that strong on electric guitars? From what I've read it's designed for piezo equipped guitars...

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Is the effect of the BodyRez really that strong on electric guitars? From what I've read it's designed for piezo equipped guitars...

jup, i mean you can hear it it in the sample right ? I wrote the tc guys and they said it is basically a multi band compressor ...
    it gets rid of the harshness and adds warmth ...

so it really doesn't matter that much what you plug into it even though it is designed for acoustic guitars ...

i discovered it by accident that it sound great for guitar too

• to be honest i messed up the levels a bit so for a better comparison please turn up the volume after the first sample ...
    otherwise the isophones will bess up the experience ^^

• a bit more fuzz would be really cool

External Content www.youtube.com

• so rry i just saw this... i place the TC before the kemper :)

• I do! I bought myself this TC thing a while ago and placed it between guitar and KPA too. Dialed it in at ~noon and left it there. Like it.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Cool! nice to hear :) it would be very cool if something like the body rez would be a knob in the amp section because it is a really helpful tool imo :)

• i tried for soooo long to get the best out of the kemper aaaaand here is my summary

-use real pedals with the kemper, not the built in ones
    -do not use studioprofiles when going to a guitar cab, only use DI profiles for that purpose
    -use the tc bodyrez to mimic the natural sag and compression of a tube amp

Don't take it bad man, but your style of sound and music is totally different than mine so I don't wanna sound like that (I also use clean tones a lot , yes clean...) It's strange to me that people ASSUME that we all make heavy death metal sound and that's all... as if there is nothing else to do: like jazz pop blues rythm and blues reggae salsa etc I also play Beatles song and U2 type of ambiant delay song and David Gilmour Carlos Santana type of sustain solo Steely Dan style also good groove and ryth'm . Good luck anyway

• Don't take it bad man, but your style of sound and music is totally different than mine so I don't wanna sound like that (I also use clean tones a lot , yes clean...) It's strange to me that people ASSUME that we all make heavy death metal sound and that's all... as if there is nothing else to do: like jazz pop blues rythm and blues reggae salsa etc I also play Beatles song and U2 type of ambiant delay song and David Gilmour Carlos Santana type of sustain solo Steely Dan style also good groove and ryth'm . Good luck anyway

:?:

• Don't take it bad man, but your style of sound and music is totally different than mine so I don't wanna sound like that

I totally understand you man BUT i think you haven't checked out my profiles. I know that tastes differ, so i profiled most of the time, all channels of the amps with all switching options, sometimes different eq settings and without a cab so that you can use a uncolored sound. AND the complete AxeFx, Helix, Vetta, Elevenrack and something "new" is also on it's way. So i do my very best to make something for all needs.

Not to forget the profiles i made of the ToneDexter pedal for acoustic players and my tutorial of how to make a "perfect acoustic sound with the Kemper".

I also offered DI profiles of a Vox AC30 and MANY more, so there should be something for your taste as well just check it out man.

The Tipps in this Post apply to all kind of profiles i'm simply no decent jazz player that is why i offered only some metal/rock riffing.

• Don't take it bad man...

I am at a loss at to what anything you typed has to do with his post. Where to start...

That wasn't metal, and it certainly wasn't Death. Did you hear the fuzz...or what was being played...?

Even if it were...what part of his post couldn't apply to the other styles you mentioned?

It's strange to me that people ASSUME that we all make heavy death metal sound and that's all..

No one does this...are you sure you have the same KPA that the rest of us do? Compared to Helix/Fractal, the ratio of vintage/crunch/clean amps profiles compared to profiles made for heavier music is incredibly high. I would venture that in the real world, hi-gain amps outsell their lower-gain brethren by a considerable amount...I could be wrong about that, but either way the KPA should have you in tone heaven, leaving you without the need for a post like this.

The Tipps in this Post apply to all kind of profiles i'm simply no decent jazz player that is why i offered only some metal/rock riffing.

I'm more than a little surprised that this needed to be stated...

On Topic Edit: Bommel you recommend to use DI profiles with a real cab, and to not use Studio profiles with the cab block off. But what about a Merged profile with the Cab block off? That should be the same, yeah?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().