Amps essentially useless in my apartment :(

• What about an amplifier, speaker, and a loadbox? I realize it's more money spent, but these have been used for years by players wanting to coax that soaked tube sound at low volume.

• The Profiler's Master Volume is a sonically totally transparent volume control, nothing more. There is nothing to be gained by 'driving the outputs harder'.
    Maybe a well designed near field monitor might be better suited than the JBLs.

Probably just used the wrong slang, but yes, the only thing gain is being higher in the 0-10 range, which is purely semantics...

• The Profiler's Master Volume is a sonically totally transparent volume control, nothing more. There is nothing to be gained by 'driving the outputs harder'.
    Maybe a well designed near field monitor might be better suited than the JBLs.

1. While the Kemper Output is totally transparent, the input and amp of the speaker might not be as transparent :)
    2. There is more control to be gained. The Profiler Master Output (or specifically the Main Out level control) behaves very nervous at very low settings. Just a slight touch of the Master Volume knob can make the actual output level jump by a few dB.

• What about an amplifier, speaker, and a loadbox? I realize it's more money spent, but these have been used for years by players wanting to coax that soaked tube sound at low volume.

It's the exact same issue. Even with a load box it's going to sound meh at apartment levels.

• It's the exact same issue. Even with a load box it's going to sound meh at apartment levels.

No doubt there's no replacement for pushing air, I get that. Just trying to offer options. I have a Rivera Rockcrusher that does a decent job taming an amp.

• Maybe the monitor volumes are too loud? I heard for studio monitors like the 305's it's best to keep them at max volume, which is what I do.

I literally can't play any gain profiles at a level higher than 0.2. There has to be something wrong. That is barely even on. The studio monitors are set at +4Dbu or whatever it is.

• Maybe the monitor volumes are too loud? I heard for studio monitors like the 305's it's best to keep them at max volume, which is what I do.

In terms of gainstaging it actually makes more sense to have the Kemper at a higher output volume and the monitors on a lower volume. But I guess it won't solve your problem.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• AS a "proud" appartment dweller, I will echo what many others have already said. Invest in a decent set of headphones (i'm more than happy with my ath-m40x) and for the love of god, do not underestimate the power of the SPACE effect in the master menu. I set mine at about 5-6 and I much prefer the tone I'm getting out of the headphones compared to my Focal alpha 50 monitors any day of the week. I don't know if other competing products have anything that resembles the space effect, but on the kemper (and given our living conditions) it is a LIFE SAVER.

• Concerning "Space":
    I realized (and it was confirmed by the Kemper Team) that the Space effect leads to different volumes in the Main Outs!
    Some weeks ago my FOH realized during a gig that I have different volumes in the two Main Outs (I use some stereo effects)
    After searching the possible reason the Kemper team gave the solution: Space leads to this.
    Since this time, I don't use it anymore.

• Concerning "Space":
    I realized (and it was confirmed by the Kemper Team) that the Space effect leads to different volumes in the Main Outs!
    Some weeks ago my FOH realized during a gig that I have different volumes in the two Main Outs (I use some stereo effects)
    After searching the possible reason the Kemper team gave the solution: Space leads to this.
    Since this time, I don't use it anymore.

That may very well be the case, but here I'm talking about using the space effect solely when playing through headphones. Good to know anyway.

• 1. While the Kemper Output is totally transparent, the input and amp of the speaker might not be as transparent :-)2. There is more control to be gained. The Profiler Master Output (or specifically the Main Out level control) behaves very nervous at very low settings. Just a slight touch of the Master Volume knob can make the actual output level jump by a few dB.

@rich2k4
    you can also activate the Main Out -12dB feature in the OUTPUT section, page 1

I wouldn't do that, especially if it's forcing you to run the Kemper output so incredibly low.
    If I was in an apartment I wouldn't have anything at max volume. I think it would only best to have them at max volume when you're in a place where volume isn't an issue and you're running a signal at a normal level into it. In other words, you aren't getting any benefit by running them at full volume when you're just running the Kemper output at a tiny 0.1 or 0.2.

• I've been trying some headphones with the space setting on 6 and it sounds decent. This might be somewhat of a solution. These headphones are regular Sony $30 at best buy, so I'm assuming getting a $120 pair like the ATX-50, or HD280's might sound even better.

• I wouldn't do that, especially if it's forcing you to run the Kemper output so incredibly low.If I was in an apartment I wouldn't have anything at max volume. I think it would only best to have them at max volume when you're in a place where volume isn't an issue and you're running a signal at a normal level into it. In other words, you aren't getting any benefit by running them at full volume when you're just running the Kemper output at a tiny 0.1 or 0.2.

Running the monitors at max with the Kemper output low would also increase any inherent noise in the monitors; hissing or whatnot.