Master Volume Release 5.3.1 13085

• Certainly no show stopper, but went I went to verify my Master Volume settings and I discovered this new Mstr Vol legend listing.

I basically kept my prior (1-10) settings around 3.5.
    Now with with all the categories listed in -dB increments, what's everyone using now-a-days. (or would equate to my prior 3.5?)

FWIW - I did check the latest 5.1 manual and didn't see anything.
    That's not to say it's not there, I just haven't found anything yet.

I'm sure it's simple thing and but just trying to get my little head around it.

Based on what's in the latest manual, I'm confident there's an excellent reason for the change and all those initiatives far outweigh my unfamiliarity.

Happy Kemper

• I ran into the same issue. Im used to a 1-10 scale. When the volume goes up the number increases not decreases to a negative number. This makes it confusing and hard to keep track of volumes for live practice home etc. This is the first amp I have seen turning the volume up equal to a negative number.

• Well... Judging from all the reads and the lonely one "echo" response, I guess it'll just come down to whatever sounds best I suppose.

To Kempers' credit, this new legend is pretty intriguing how all those variable measurement components increase/decrease disproportionately to each other now.

I'm sure the science is faithfully accurate, I just wish I knew how better to take advantage of it.

Happy Kemper

• The thing is, the numbers 1-10 of the old master volume only related to where you were on the scale of the theoretical knob, not actual values, and only if you had more than one output linked (otherwise it would show the minus dB scale). Let me explain. If you had set headphone out at -5 dB and had main out at -25 dB, yet they were both linked to master volume, you'd maybe have a master volume value of 8. If you turned it all the way to 10, the headphone out would be hitting the ceiling at 0 dB, yet the main would be at -20 with nowhere left to go. And vice versa when turning down. The value of the master volume in the scale of 1-10 was unique to each user with regards to actual physical volume, and what might be 3.5 one day might not be the next, if you changed one of the linked output volumes on the output page independently from the others. With the new display, the value you see for each output is the true, definitive volume.

• The explanation makes sense but on a quick turn the volume up or down on a live show its really confusing. I know of no other amp or modeler that does this and it makes it confusing for quick changes live or practice. Could there be an option to have this on or off like they did with the new tuner? Plus its been the same way release after release to have this change out of no where is kinda.... Its not big deal in the grand scheme of things. And Kemper can do what they want I will still love mine just kinda it was changed like that and no way to put it back to the way it was other then reloading an older update.

• The explanation makes sense but on a quick turn the volume up or down on a live show its really confusing. I know of no other amp or modeler that does this and it makes it confusing for quick changes live or practice. Could there be an option to have this on or off like they did with the new tuner? Plus its been the same way release after release to have this change out of no where is kinda.... Its not big deal in the grand scheme of things. And Kemper can do what they want I will still love mine just kinda it was changed like that and no way to put it back to the way it was other then reloading an older update.

I think the problem was all the reports of "my Kemper's not loud enough" and "I have to turn master volume to 3 before I get sound" etc. I understand your predicament, though. Coming from the studio world, having volumes in minus numbers is second-nature, but as a guitarist, of course, it should go from 1 to 11 :D

• I've got the powered Kemper. running one 4x12 nothing else. How do I turn everything else down or off and only have a master volume for my live rig?

Please help, I'm a one knob guy that hates updates on my iPhone

And thanks to all who answer
    David