Bad sound with gainy profiles over IEM

• Hi,

I use Shure 215 In Ear Headphones and a Fischer Amps Bodypack. My FoH sound is great - as well as the recorded audio at the live gigs. But my IEM sound is graspy and lacks natural distortion as well as harmonic sounds. It is okay for clean profiles and with my studio headphones which I use to tweak the profiles they sound great. It is just about the In Ear Headphones combined with mid / high gain profiles... anyone having the same issues or even a solution?

Thanks in advance!

• I am having the same issues with the same IEMs as you are using pretty much, mine might be 315's but very close…FOH sounds monstrous, but it's tough to play to the feel of that "Plinkey" sound in your ears ... I am also looking for a solution to this…

• Hey guys! Your problem is likely the monitors you are using. Don't get me wrong, the Shure 215s are nice and clear but the frequency response in the lower end is not adequate in my experience. The triple driver monitors are a lot better (ie. Shure se535s). Also, I find if the foams get old and don't seat in your ears properly you lose a lot of the power behind the sound. Even the 535s can get really thin sounding if they aren't in properly with a good seal.